Camping and me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A142DE29-12ED-4A85-B9EA-D4E61CBCEF0B.jpeg
sure I said.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good grief the part I hat about camping is loading and unloading count me out
We don't unload anything. Everything needed is in the RV. Small perishable food items for sure, but major items are included.
I do understand your opinion though. Back in the day we spent as much time loading and unloading then cleaning up as we spent at the campground. Not pleasant.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care for the tent and pack a ton of crap. I can camp myself with a tent, a bag, and some food. A lot of times people want to carry everything they can think of along and if you are planning to do that you may as well get a pull behind camper or RV and just give up the pretense of "roughing it."

On the trip back from San Francisco through Nevada along highway 50 I just pulled off the road and climbed into the back seat where I had a mattress topper and went to sleep while the dog cuddled up next to me. To carry a tent as big as an apartment would have taken forever to set up and I only slept for about 5 hours anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As late as August of 2016, the wife and I (along with youngest son) went camping. We were on son's vacation and camped in a tent in a couple of state parks in Oregon as we explored along the coast up there. I was 70 at the time.

Plans are to someday go East of the Mississippi to see some of that country, but neither of us are hip on the idea of hauling our big RV back that way. Thus, we are considering tent camping again to some of the state parks in the SE, perhaps northern Georgia, from where we can explore parts of two or three states.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when we were tent camping I built a camping box out of plywood to fit on the tailgate or the picnic table. 4' X 4' X 12" deep.
It contained pots/pans, utensils, etc. Each side folded down and had linoleum tile for a work surface to hold the camp stove or prep food on.
Worked out really well to keep camping stuff only in. Wife and I could easily lift and move where ever it was convenient to set up.
Avoided a lot of the packing, unpacking, etc. associated with tent camping.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care for the tent and pack a ton of crap. I can camp myself with a tent, a bag, and some food. A lot of times people want to carry everything they can think of along and if you are planning to do that you may as well get a pull behind camper or RV and just give up the pretense of "roughing it."

On the trip back from San Francisco through Nevada along highway 50 I just pulled off the road and climbed into the back seat where I had a mattress topper and went to sleep while the dog cuddled up next to me. To carry a tent as big as an apartment would have taken forever to set up and I only slept for about 5 hours anyway.
My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn Express. With a free breakfast of course

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've got a tent that fits into the back of a pickup that looks neat but those "ridges" in the bottom of the pickup are rough on your back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom