Canada: Trudeau puts freeze on the sale, purchase, and transfer of handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The just want universal background checks, nothing more. Once they get that they will stop and be happy.
Check out this comment in that video

1666555545230.png

Canadian here. It took almost a year from the time I took my RPAL training, waited for background checks (3 months), get final approval, order hand guns, have yet more background and monitoring checks (3-4 months), have handguns shipped, and wait for registration certificates as part of the national registry (1 month). During that entire process, my license and name was in a database that cross monitors against the RCMP database for any major convictions, crimes, felonies, or complaint/concerns from public citizens or family.

Canada does NOT have legal gun problem. We have a CRIMINAL problem. Next, they're coming after SKS's, because it was recently used (non licensed shooter) in a fatality. And the feds have went from assault style rifles, to assault rifles, to assault weapons.

This current change in terminology 'assault weapons' will be used to start a freeze and ban on knives. I would bet on it.

It was already insanely cumbersome to get one, so I don't think more background checks would change anything.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can pass all the bans and laws they want but when the people finally get feed up with it they will get what they want when they want and the high and mighty wont have a say in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom