Canibalism......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was about to leave for his 3rd tour, I was in HS, I asked why he had to go again?

The room got very quiet and serious. He looks me square in the eye and says, "I volunteered so some young kid wouldn't have to go, I already know how to survive. If your number comes up, go to Canada or anywhere else. Don't go to Vietnam. We aren't there to win and nobody cares."

:cry3:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He was about to leave for his 3rd tour, I was in HS, I asked why he had to go again?

The room got very quiet and serious. He looks me square in the eye and says, "I volunteered so some young kid wouldn't have to go, I already know how to survive. If your number comes up, go to Canada or anywhere else. Don't go to Vietnam. We aren't there to win and nobody cares."

So sad, so true.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some just haven't been hungry enough.

My cousin did 3 tours in Vietnam, Green Beret. His last tour he was lone survivor and in the jungle for 10 days. He ate bugs, monkeys, snakes; all uncooked. He survived. He has 6 children and 31 grandchildren. He is a survival instructor. He also, spent a month in the hospital upon emerging from the jungle. Drs. said he would have better off not eating those nasty f****** monkeys.

What was it about the monkeys that made him ill? (seriously)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Funny enough, I used to be acquainted with a guy who did that--he volunteered to pull two back-to-back tours of duty in Vietnam because he knew the Army wouldn't send his little brother over there while he was in country. He tried to volunteer for a third tour, but they sent him somewhere else, and shipped his brother to Vietnam anyway. Dude's a freaking hero in my book.

Of course, we also used to joke that he must've been the busiest son of a gun in South Vietnam--just about everybody claimed to be Special Forces or "black ops" or something else, but he always claimed to be what he was--a motor tech, driving a jeep around Saigon...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many claimed, he WAS. Said that since he was going, he wanted all the training he could get.
Came back after 1st tour with lots of stories.
2nd time only talked about funny stuff happening around base.
After 3rd, he was totally gray haired and wouldn't talk about it. He was 23 and looked older than his Dad.

Drs. said monkeys carry every parasite known and some are near impossible to get rid of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom