Canning.. dang I am whooped!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did 12 quarts of Hot Pickles (same as normal pickles but added a few hot peppers to em ) and 12 quarts of spaghetti sauce... that took me most of the day.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I remember my grandma, aunts and other ladys getting together and canning. When we would wake up and she had the canners already out and going, we would run out the door and stay gone all day, or she would put us to work! We would go find grandpa and hang with him all day, he too stayed away. We would get to go to the store and grandpa would buy store bought bologna, bread and pops and we would go eat at the barn.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of those little Thai Dragon cayenne pepper plants that grow those small cayenne peppers ( damn they are hot ).. I had dehydrated about 50 of them a week or so ago so I stuck 4 or 5 of them in with the pickles. we will see how they turn out here in about 4 weeks.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of those little Thai Dragon cayenne pepper plants that grow those small cayenne peppers ( damn they are hot ).. I had dehydrated about 50 of them a week or so ago so I stuck 4 or 5 of them in with the pickles. we will see how they turn out here in about 4 weeks.

Ohh that sounds good.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man I remember my grandma, aunts and other ladys getting together and canning. When we would wake up and she had the canners already out and going, we would run out the door and stay gone all day, or she would put us to work! We would go find grandpa and hang with him all day, he too stayed away. We would get to go to the store and grandpa would buy store bought bologna, bread and pops and we would go eat at the barn.

We did that too, esp wen she was canning corn. Now canning peaches, I was her boy. Gawd I could eat a gallon of them things.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today did 22 half pint jars of Grape Jelly from my concord grape vine. Best year I've had for grapes ever. Then, we put up 12 quarts of peaches in the freezer. Of the three peach trees we have, only one survived the late freezes, but it sure was loaded. Will easily get another 12 quarts if we don't eat them all first...

Latest posts

Top Bottom