Can't get my 1911 reassembled... dangit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is why your aren't a surgeon.....right?????

Yeah... missing parts aren't good. Hell, I love shooting 1911s, but I just don't take 'em apart and clean 'em enough to remember it all! lol

Confession #2:

Sometimes I look up videos of procedures on YouTube before I perform them on live patients! :D Truly, lots of guys do this, and with good reason, but I hear nurses making fun of docs who do. Stupid, if you ask me... hell, if it's been 6 months since I put in a chest tube or a central line, would you rather I look it up to refresh my memory, or just go at it blind, or just let you die waiting for a surgeon to arrive or to be shipped somewhere a surgeon is available? I'll tell ya something, you'd be surprised how many true surgeons, whether, vascular, ortho, general, colo-rectal or cardio-thoracic will pull out a book and look up a procedure before going into the case. It's actually just good practice... but those who aren't responsible for doing it or the consequences after the fact think it should all be at instant recall - everything you ever learned in decades of training and practice. lol

Nurses are petty, though... if they don't like a physician, they'll nitpick every little thing to make it seem like he's a dumbass, when in reality, they're all dumbasses (the physicians, that is).

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when in reality, they're we're all dumbasses...
In the interest of accuracy - and not just physicians. :)
noidea.jpg

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... missing parts aren't good. Hell, I love shooting 1911s, but I just don't take 'em apart and clean 'em enough to remember it all! lol

Confession #2:

Sometimes I look up videos of procedures on YouTube before I perform them on live patients! :D Truly, lots of guys do this, and with good reason, but I hear nurses making fun of docs who do. Stupid, if you ask me... hell, if it's been 6 months since I put in a chest tube or a central line, would you rather I look it up to refresh my memory, or just go at it blind, or just let you die waiting for a surgeon to arrive or to be shipped somewhere a surgeon is available? I'll tell ya something, you'd be surprised how many true surgeons, whether, vascular, ortho, general, colo-rectal or cardio-thoracic will pull out a book and look up a procedure before going into the case. It's actually just good practice... but those who aren't responsible for doing it or the consequences after the fact think it should all be at instant recall - everything you ever learned in decades of training and practice. lol

Nurses are petty, though... if they don't like a physician, they'll nitpick every little thing to make it seem like he's a dumbass, when in reality, they're all dumbasses (the physicians, that is).

I call bullspit. I have never seen this once on Greys Anatomy, ER, or Dr Quinn Medicine Women.

You damn internet posers make me sick. I wanna puke.

Just effin with ya. Glad you got your pistol back together. Sounds like you guys had a hell uva good time shooting.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I call bullspit. I have never seen this once on Greys Anatomy, ER, or Dr Quinn Medicine Women.

You damn internet posers make me sick. I wanna puke.

Just effin with ya. Glad you got your pistol back together. Sounds like you guys had a hell uva good time shooting.

lol

Yeah... and on Grey's and House there's some kind of rare once-in-a-lifetime disorder pops up in their neck of the woods every week, too. lol.

Yeah, we had a good time. I just need to clean my guns more frequently so I'll be more familiar with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom