Car will not start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know batteries have gotten expensive but there's no need to resort to that.

P.S. - Glad to hear you got your vehicle going, though.
Always happens at an inconvenient time.
Yea there was a need for it. $230 for a freaking battery. On an engine a crank start would probably turn over. :P

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to chime in on the battery prices.
There are still less expensive batteries and I hat to say it Walmart Value Craft line.
They were 49 and now I think 59 bucks or maybe a bit more.

I have been using them in my cars after the very expensive ones finally quit .
5-7 years from expensive and I have got 6 months from very expensive ones.
I have had my Value Craft ones for more than 4 years still going strong.

I drained one to the point of No power No dome light 5 times now.
In my corolla.
I keep forgetting to turn off the ac clutch toggle switch.
Slow drain all night with clutch electro magnet engaged.

Keeps on trucking after a 9 hour charge on my 4 amp charger that trickles off the amps as it gets more charged.

Yea that draining can't be good.
But that cheap battery hangs in there.
I do not mind I forget to flip the switch as this is a wonderful test for seeing if a battery can hang in there.
I like tests.
I have 3 other vehicles I can drive though and my electric bicycle is still working.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea there was a need for it. $230 for a freaking battery. On an engine a crank start would probably turn over. :P

Hunter Battery Warehouse. Got one for my truck for $70 installed. Been using them for a couple of decades now. My grandmother has been using them for even longer. I have never had an issue with their batteries. Typically outlast my vehicles.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can thank the epa for that. There are zero primary lead processors left in the US.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwor...oses-because-the-hippies-won/?sh=2047238f642b
Here is another link talking about how this is affecting the ammunition industry.

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/10/la...-manufacturing-to-feel-effects/#axzz85naDxhEh
What will this do to the military's stock of ammo?

From the article

Whatever the EPA’s motivation when creating the new lead air quality standard, increasingly restrictive regulation of lead is likely to affect the production and cost of traditional ammunition. Just this month, California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a bill that will ban lead ammunition for all hunting in California. The Center for Biological Diversity has tried multiple times to get similar regulations at the federal level by trying, and repeatedly failing, to get the EPA to regulate conventional ammunition under the Toxic Substances Control Act.

What is clear is that after the Herculaneum smelter closes its doors in December, entirely domestic manufacture of conventional ammunition, from raw ore to finished cartridge, will be impossible.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What will this do to the military's stock of ammo?

From the article

Whatever the EPA’s motivation when creating the new lead air quality standard, increasingly restrictive regulation of lead is likely to affect the production and cost of traditional ammunition. Just this month, California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a bill that will ban lead ammunition for all hunting in California. The Center for Biological Diversity has tried multiple times to get similar regulations at the federal level by trying, and repeatedly failing, to get the EPA to regulate conventional ammunition under the Toxic Substances Control Act.

What is clear is that after the Herculaneum smelter closes its doors in December, entirely domestic manufacture of conventional ammunition, from raw ore to finished cartridge, will be impossible.
That was under Obama. That was and is a National security threat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom