Headlight help on a 2006 GMC Sierra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rd174

Marksman
Reaction score
The switch on the dash sends power to relay if I'm recalling correctly. Relay directs power to appropriate lights according to switch position. Long story short, power for high or low beam goes through that switch to power headlights. By manipulating that switch you can get them to work is telling me that it more than likely is contact issue in the switch.
Thanks. I was hoping it was as easy as replacing a relay.

Rd174

Marksman
Reaction score
Pics of an 18 year old truck with 3,800 miles please! Many say the 06 was the last good body style. Easily distinguished by the tall front edge of the hood. It’s almost cowl like from the cab. I believe it was the only year with that hood.
Let me see if i have one on my phone. It is pretty impressive, 2006 GMC 2500 ltz extended cab, 6" lift, wheels, tires, steel bumper with winch, chipped, and roll-up bed cover. I just wish it were a diesel.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill look into that. Is that the switch on the dash?
THe one on the column.

I was thinking it is a grounding issue until you stated holding the turn signal switch back. When I do that with my 2004, both of the high beams and low beams come on.

In fact, there is a hack where you can add a 1N4004 diode to the fusebox to create the high and low on condition when the high beams are selected. I don't drive that much anymore, especially at night so I will not do that.

Rd174

Marksman
Reaction score
THe one on the column.

I was thinking it is a grounding issue until you stated holding the turn signal switch back. When I do that with my 2004, both of the high beams and low beams come on.

In fact, there is a hack where you can add a 1N4004 diode to the fusebox to create the high and low on condition when the high beams are selected. I don't drive that much anymore, especially at night so I will not do that.
Appreciate it

Latest posts

Top Bottom