Carlos Hathcock Not the top sniper!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading about these guys on wikepidia (sp)??

To me, when they left active duty and went on with their lives, there was not a lot said about their service. I am not sure if their guns were even saved.

I think what happend after their service probably defined how well the world knew them. Some of the top guys from WWII and Nam did not want to talk about it and didn't. Most went onto occupations that had nothing do to with their sniper service.

Carlos, (and I am going from memory here, could be off a little, but the point is valid) still was in the marines and trained snipers and developed sniper programs for the marines (or armed services). He did not give interviews but he was visible. After in military service he trained local police and I think swat. So he was visible and active - this equates to being known.

Anyway, there were A LOT of unconfirmed for all of these guys. So the actual confirmed is not that big of a deal to me. They all did their jobs in extreme pressure and risked their lives many times to save the lives of other service men.

So he got the attention. this is my opinion.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ No Joke, Simo Hayha was a beast. Read "The White Dead" you'll like it.

http://www.snipercentral.com/snipers.htm#WWII
Somebody sent me this a while back, you might chuckle:

a3.bp.blogspot.com__9cHkMILP4_A_Su8p3GFJJOI_AAAAAAAABHc_yywQlkVuUD4_s800_fdccax.jpg

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a C.H. autographed "White Feather" book. He was just doin' his job, he didn't need the glory.

True, there was a part in one of the book stated he refused to receive a medal for save his marines buddy lives. Lucky you, have the book with his autographed. I only have one book "Marine Sniper". I have 3 other books about sniper but all modern warfare sniper, British Sniper One Sgt. Dan Millsand and Trigger Men By Hans Halberstadt. For me, I think C.H went through so much compared to our modern snipers, well they're all trained hard, fought hard and I hat off for all of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom