Carlos Hathcock Not the top sniper!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hathcock was an innovator in his field, If not for him would we have the .50 cal sniper rifles of today? He was also the only one on the list to be stalked by another enemy sniper. The scope shot alone is enough to be considered a legend!

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hathcock was an innovator in his field, If not for him would we have the .50 cal sniper rifles of today? He was also the only one on the list to be stalked by another enemy sniper. The scope shot alone is enough to be considered a legend!

I dont know how he can hold this .50 machine gun steady and made that shot.

[Broken External Image]

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carlos Hathcock held the distance record for 30+ years with equipment not designed for how he was using it and at the very low elevations found in Vietnam. Give him the same McMillan and optic that Rob Furlong used in Afghanistan and I think that he would have set a record that still stands. Rob Furlong made a great shot but Hathcock was a real innovator.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Alright guy's and gal's, a few facts. This was sent to me, an I figured it should be seen by everyone. I'm not trying to badmouth Carlos' abilities. The man is one of the greats!!!!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Carlos Hathcock held the distance record for 30+ years with equipment not designed for how he was using it and at the very low elevations found in Vietnam. Give him the same McMillan and optic that Rob Furlong used in Afghanistan and I think that he would have set a record that still stands. Rob Furlong made a great shot but Hathcock was a real innovator.

That about sums it up.Rob Furlong had FAR superior equipment compared to Hathcock's. Not trying to minimize Furlong's amazing shot though. Steve

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warpusher "Enemy at the Gate " covers the duel between the Finn and Germanys top shot. If I remember right the book was titled War of the Rats. Good stuff.

Close, but "Enemy at the Gates" is about the battle of Stalingrad and Vasily Zaytsev's role in it. It's based on on a sniper duel in "Enemy at the Gates: Battle of Stalingrad" and partially taken from "War of the Rats".

The Winter War, between the Finns and Soviets occured late '39 to early '40. Battle of Stalingrad was between the Germans and Soviets mid '42 to early '43.

LoL, I don't want to be agrumentative in one of my first posts but Vasily is one of my favorite snipers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom