Carpal Tunnel Surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had it (yet), but it might be in my future. I'm anxious to hear how your recovery goes. I wish you the best. Don't I also remember you talking about shoulder problems? That, I have rather extensive experience with! I hope you can avoid surgery there.
Yep, rotator cuff is next on the list.

eaglerjs

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had it on 2/15/23, went very well did not even use one of the pain pills they prescribed. I have a little tenderness on the heal of my hand, like a bruise. they said that is normal for upto 2-3 months. I would highly recomend Dr. mokhtee at tulsa bone and joint. Also would do same for rotor cuff with dr Dukes.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had it on 2/15/23, went very well did not even use one of the pain pills they prescribed. I have a little tenderness on the heal of my hand, like a bruise. they said that is normal for upto 2-3 months. I would highly recomend Dr. mokhtee at tulsa bone and joint. Also would do same for rotor cuff with dr Dukes.
I have to use OU docs due to insurance and I will probably stick with Chenoweth. He did my surgery this morning and since he is an Orthopedic surgeon, does shoulders too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it done on both 6 weeks apart. It was the open procedure where they cut your palm open. I had a cast put on a week after surgery after swell went down. I think I wore the cast 2 weeks. Had a big lump in the surgery area for a long time.
Rotator surgery sucks as bad as having your tendon sewed back to your elbow. Lateral epicondylitis.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, rotator cuff is next on the list.
I'm am starting 6 weeks of PT for a rotator cuff situation. Started having pain, so I went to my Ortho doc in Norman. He sent me for a MRI, and the results show an anterior to posterior tear of superior glenoid labrum of my shoulder, biceps tendinitis of shoulder, nontraumatic incomplete tear of left rotator cuff and impingement syndrome of left shoulder. He gave me an injection of Kenalog-40 and ordered the PT.

I'm not sure what all that means, but the injection seemed to help, and the hope is that the PT will, at least, postpone the need for surgery.

Another victim of excellent living for a long time.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had it done on both, about 6 weeks apart maybe 4/5 years ago.
My surgery was a small 2cm slit at my wrist line by the wrinkle. I can’t even tell where the scar is.
Wiping your ass was the hardest part.
My grip strength was back to 100% in about 5-6 months. I was pretty much functional 3-4 weeks after.
Don’t hesitate best thing I did

Latest posts

Top Bottom