Cases of 12g shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you catch the spring sale at wallyworld, Winchester offers a rebate on AA's that puts them at a little over $5 a box, but its a premium shell.

Yeah those are almost $10 box. That's what the NRA grants provide for the school trap teams and the 4H teams. Almost every empty is thrown away too..........

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah those are almost $10 box. That's what the NRA grants provide for the school trap teams and the 4H teams. Almost every empty is thrown away too..........
If one uses the reclaimed shot you can make the $5 a box threshold pretty easy, maybe a half buck less per box.
I've got a couple thousand hulls around here that are once fired Remmington gold and double AA's. It's just too easy to buy vs saving .50 a box.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one uses the reclaimed shot you can make the $5 a box threshold pretty easy, maybe a half buck less per box.
I've got a couple thousand hulls around here that are once fired Remmington gold and double AA's. It's just too easy to buy vs saving .50 a box.
This is why my 366 got put on a shelf and forgotten lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why my 366 got put on a shelf and forgotten lol.
I've got the RCBS Grand. It hasn't had the handle pulled in awhile except if going on a pheasant hunt or something and need premium magnum shells that can cost up to $20 a box. I still have bags of the hard shot in everything from #4 to #8 bought years ago that I get into occasionally.
The loader stays set up for 2 3/4" with 1 3/8 oz loads running 1400 fps. Pretty brutal load for an english stocked Browning Citori.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed Federals rebate covers some Estate shells also. I guess there's a connection somewhere. I think it was like 50 cents a box. I bought the gun clubs cuz I read they were a decent hull to reload and they were pretty cheap on sale. As Hoddy said, I don't plan to reload right now but I did come across a couple presses worth the money and so I might as well have decent hulls just in case. I have a buddy really thinking about buying a shot maker. He's already got a bunch of lead hoarded. Anyhow, I'm anxious to see what the AA rebate looks like. I really didn't realize how expensive this would get when I got two of my daughters shooting clay in the back yard. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed Federals rebate covers some Estate shells also. I guess there's a connection somewhere. I think it was like 50 cents a box. I bought the gun clubs cuz I read they were a decent hull to reload and they were pretty cheap on sale. As Hoddy said, I don't plan to reload right now but I did come across a couple presses worth the money and so I might as well have decent hulls just in case. I have a buddy really thinking about buying a shot maker. He's already got a bunch of lead hoarded. Anyhow, I'm anxious to see what the AA rebate looks like. I really didn't realize how expensive this would get when I got two of my daughters shooting clay in the back yard. Lol
LOL, Okie4570 knows what it costs. I worked with a couple of dads that had kids in FFA trap. They just about wore themselves out pulling a reloader handle.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

It adds up in a hurry for just one! $70 for 100 singles, 100 handicap and 100 doubles..............plus 300 rounds ammo for every ATA shoot, which is once or more a month. Fortunately NRA picks up cost of 3 practice rounds and shells per week during the spring for the school team, and pays for two boxes shells per week during the March/April/May and August/Sept/October for the 4H team. Costs $5 round for clays for the 4H team. It's money well spent, I enjoy watching the kids shoot. My son will be shooting next year probably, so that's going to double soon lol :)

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It adds up in a hurry for just one! $70 for 100 singles, 100 handicap and 100 doubles..............plus 300 rounds ammo for every ATA shoot, which is once or more a month. Fortunately NRA picks up cost of 3 practice rounds and shells per week during the spring for the school team, and pays for two boxes shells per week during the March/April/May and August/Sept/October for the 4H team. Costs $5 round for clays for the 4H team. It's money well spent, I enjoy watching the kids shoot. My son will be shooting next year probably, so that's going to double soon lol :)
How old do they have to be to compete in ffa shoots or 4h? Are one of those two what the department of wildlife help with thru the school?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How old do they have to be to compete in ffa shoots or 4h? Are one of those two what the department of wildlife help with thru the school?
Dept of wildlife has the SHOT program. They bring the trailer with guns, throwers and ammo to special events. We have had them at our range for the Women on Target program.
They may support those programs like FFA or 4H, but I don't know about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom