Castle nut stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a magpul asap plate headed my way and fedex dropped off the wrench I need today. However, the dang nut won't budge! It is one of the very few parts I didn't personally put on my AR. Steve down at cold hand arms put it on when I picked up the lower since I didn't have the tools for that particular bit.

It doesn't appear to be staked anywhere, and I don't think it has any loctite in it, but I could be wrong, he had to go into the back to put the thing on, so I didn't see it. Are they supposed to be this hard to get off? Apparently Steve had super human strength when he put it on!

Should I just lock it in a vice and keep wailing on it or is there some trick I'm missing? :scratch: I don't want to risk damaging anything...

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a magazine in mine and put it between my legs and used the castle nut tool and broke it free. I bet it is just on there really well and needs a little more force to get it to break free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom