CCI "Quiet"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone tried the "quiet" ammo yet? i bought some at academy the other day. i'll try it in my long barrelled marlin 39. box says its 771fps. should make a nice backyard round for dispatching critters.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't tried the CCIs but shoot the Aguila colibris out of my Marlin 39a and revolvers. They are more quiet than my CO2 bb pistol. The only problem is that they are not powerful enough to cycle a semi-auto(only about 450fps).

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine shot the Aguilar colibri ammo the other day we were at the range. It was strong enough to cycle his little .22 walther w/ threaded barrel and fake silencer.

It is super quiet.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 1500 rounds online (I think it was the Armory or Ammo to Go). After shipping it averaged out to around $3.30/box of 50. The only place I could find it in the Tulsa area was Dong's but it is around $5.00/box.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Academy yesterday for a FTF and they had some of the Quiet in stock. I didn't get any though since it was tax-free weekend and all the registers were like 7 people deep.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have heard nothing but praise for the "quiets" but they are sold out everytime I get to academy....supposed to be dead quiet and more accurate than colibri...thanks for the the tip steelhorse---will try online---

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
this stuff is AWESOME in my model 39! took it with me to the lease and was shooting turtles on the pond. all i could hear was the bullet hitting the water, PLOOP

Latest posts

Top Bottom