CCI "Quiet"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot the quiets out of my 22/45 with my can and they would not cycle the action. They were ridiculously awesome quiet. My buddy that was with me didn't think I was actually shooting anything. I shot them out of my savage fv sr as well and they gave me decent accuracy at 25 yards. The coolest part out of my rifle was I could see the bullet in flight through my scope.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They work ok in my Marlin 22xt. Quieter than my 177 winchester,pellet. Word of caution! Nachez's cat says that they may not exit the barrel of a long gun. I listen for impact ontarget. If not I pull the bolt and look. so far all good. Only tried colibri. 25 to 30 yd,any more they drop. advertiesd at 500fps,pistol. Thry come back to you against a hard target!

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a box at Wal-Mart. I paid close to $9.00 w/tax for a box of 50. What a rip. I checked ammo to go, the armory and midway and they are selling for $3.00/box but are sold out.
They work awesome in my Marlin 39A(lever action) but would not cycle in my Marlin 597 or 795 whichever(I know remington makes one and marlin makes the other). They would cycle my Walther P22(no silencer attached) but were still loud enough for ear plugs. The strange thing is that they would only go about 3/4 of the way into the cylinder of my Colt Trooper 3 even though it is made for LR. They worked fine in my S&W model 63 revolver but was still loud(3" barrel). I think that I wil buy some more at $3.00 box of 50 when they are back in stock specifically for the Marlin 37A and stick to the Aguilas for the revolvers...... I forgot to try them in my Ruger 22/45.

Last edited:

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the post. I gave info on the super colibre. Sorry if I mislead any one. Are the quiets the 60gr lead on a short case? I saw some at a local,in Choctaw, shop but I think they were in a green box. Remm.maybe

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone with a suppresor shoot these? will they cycle an auto?

I ran some through my Walther P22/Sparrow and it wouldn't cycle the action. It was quite though!

I shoot the CCI Standard Velocity LR and they are also subsonic and cheaper than the Quiet. Not easy to find but Gene Sears has a few tons available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom