CCW and travel/recreating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family and I are driving to the slopes. What is the best way to store my weapon while on the slopes each day? Leave it in the hotel or car or keep it on my person or what?

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a hotel in the frisco Plano area and they had a sign saying no firearms licensed or unlicensed. I barely noticed it. Terrible window sticker sign placement next to some bushes. I get really frustrated when I see signs like that. Especially in Texas. I mean come on it's Texas.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no CCW but if so, with. The optima listed I would keep it in your hotel room / rental. Keep it hidden. If you tend to travel a lot I would purchase one of the nice carry safe type of vaults that have the cable lock and keep it secure as possible. About your best bet if you have your gun on your vacation but legally can't carry it into certain shops or activities. Said vaults can also be locked to your cars seat brackets, etc. Just a thought.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a hotel in the frisco Plano area and they had a sign saying no firearms licensed or unlicensed. I barely noticed it. Terrible window sticker sign placement next to some bushes. I get really frustrated when I see signs like that. Especially in Texas. I mean come on it's Texas.

Unfortunately, for you and others, even if the sign is written with a sharpie or pencil on paper and posted it is still legit in most states. Doesn't have to be a bought sign, professionally made to make it the policy of the establishment.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for you and others, even if the sign is written with a sharpie or pencil on paper and posted it is still legit in most states. Doesn't have to be a bought sign, professionally made to make it the policy of the establishment.

It wasn't really the professionalism of the sign that bothered me. It was more of that it was one of those clear decals with black lettering stuck on a tinted glass window out of the way where most people wouldn't see it. Not to mention it was at floor level, so unless you are really observant, or you clean their windows you have no idea of the policy.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't really the professionalism of the sign that bothered me. It was more of that it was one of those clear decals with black lettering stuck on a tinted glass window out of the way where most people wouldn't see it. Not to mention it was at floor level, so unless you are really observant, or you clean their windows you have no idea of the policy.

From my understanding, in Texas your sign has to meet a very specific 30.06 signage requirement. Like a certain size font and in both English and Spanish. Anything different does not have the weight of law unless it was a place already prohibited by state law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom