CCW while on vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here within the next couple weeks i'm going on a weekend trip to New Mexico and Colorado and to see four corners in western NM. I am a Utah non resident permit holder and i had read that NM doesnt recognize Utah's permit. Is this true?? I know that i can open carry in NM but dont know if it'd be smart

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here within the next couple weeks i'm going on a weekend trip to New Mexico and Colorado and to see four corners in western NM. I am a Utah non resident permit holder and i had read that NM doesnt recognize Utah's permit. Is this true?? I know that i can open carry in NM but dont know if it'd be smart

The Four Corners area is Indian reservation land on at least 3 of the 4 states and is likely a non-carry area by tribal rules.

Since you live in OK, why not get an OK resident SDA license which is accepted by CO, NM, AZ, and UT? I do understand you can't do that in the next two weeks but why not plan for the future?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Four Corners area is Indian reservation land on at least 3 of the 4 states and is likely a non-carry area by tribal rules.

Since you live in OK, why not get an OK resident SDA license which is accepted by CO, NM, AZ, and UT? I do understand you can't do that in the next two weeks but why not plan for the future?

I might be doing that but when i got my utah permit i had no plans to go out of state except sometimes to missouri arkansas and kansas every blue moon. I guess i'm going out there naked lol

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I know pretty much every bit of Indian land that I travel to is strictly no-carry even in OK. I am a CCL holder but if I carried to tribal land the tribal police could have me in a bad way if I was outed. It pays to be really careful in the planning out of where you are going and if you really "need" to carry while you are on the road.

The best resource I have found is the link below. Just click on Utah and then "non-resident" and it will bring up all the states you can (blue) carry and those where you cannot (red) carry.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know pretty much every bit of Indian land that I travel to is strictly no-carry even in OK. I am a CCL holder but if I carried to tribal land the tribal police could have me in a bad way if I was outed. It pays to be really careful in the planning out of where you are going and if you really "need" to carry while you are on the road.

The best resource I have found is the link below. Just click on Utah and then "non-resident" and it will bring up all the states you can (blue) carry and those where you cannot (red) carry.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

The clickable map on that website is great and visually proves what I had researched before: the OK SDA license gets you everything possible without needing any non-resident license to get extra states. The "red" no-go states stay red even if you add FL or UT non-resident licenses. About the only no-go state that interests me is NV which was covered by UT until relatively recently. The other no-go places can kiss it where the sun doesn't shine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom