Channel 8 -- Tulsa City Council trying to ban legal gun carry in city parks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite true, but that does not satisfy the Constitutional objection.

I agree, but you won't get anywhere with that argument. It's a violation of state law, and that's enough. You have to get inside their OODA loop on "safety" and take away their "do it for the children" BS.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but you won't get anywhere with that argument. It's a violation of state law, and that's enough. You have to get inside their OODA loop on "safety" and take away their "do it for the children" BS.

Ah. Then perhaps we do not have the disagreement that I think we have. However,

If we placidly accept the idea that we won't get anywhere by insisting on strict adherence to Constitutional freedoms, and therefore decline even to try, then we have already lost the fight. I urge us in this forum to reject vigorously any encroachment on our Constitutional rights. On the subject of the Second Amendment, if we do not, who will?

By the way, what is an "OODA loop"? That's a new one on me.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way, what is an "OODA loop"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop

"The OODA loop (for observe, orient, decide, and act) is a concept originally applied to the combat operations process, often at the strategic level in military operations. It is now also often applied to understand commercial operations and learning processes. The concept was developed by military strategist and USAF Colonel John Boyd."

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was originally applied to dogfighting...but has applications everywhere. It's a fancier way to say "if you're lead you're dead."

Keep moving, get inside their OODA loop. While they are still Observing and Orienting to one thing, you start doing another, which requires them to start over at Observe again.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before this thread goes completely off the rails...

Yes, it's accurate that the City of Tulsa cannot ban lawful carry in parks. They would have to get the legislature to change state law, and there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening anytime soon.

What pisses me off is how the City of Tulsa goes to the news media and tells them that Tulsa's policy is to ban guns, and the news media parrots that all over the TV. Tons of people who are not as well connected or initiated as we are take that at face value and get it in their heads that carry is illegal. Great way to set up a conflict with a lawful open carrier and someone else who relied on the bad information in the news report!

Looks like OKOCA needs to make some plans. I'm sure there are some OSA people who would be willing to tuck in their shirt for a day to help us make a point, tight?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like OKOCA needs to make some plans. I'm sure there are some OSA people who would be willing to tuck in their shirt for a day to help us make a point, tight?

I'm up for a walk in the park. Invite the goofy councilors and the press. We'll cook hot dogs and give candy and balloons to the kids.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait till Kathy Taylor gets reelected mayor of Tulsa. Her and the councilors will start pulling all kind of crap out of their behinds to mess with everyones 2A rights.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've never heard of you guys doing anything up this way. I live an hour NE but it would be fun to be part of a group. Make the plans and tell us when to be where! I've got a beautiful hand carved leather holster and Ruger OM that I bought as a BBQ gun.... but it's never gotten invited to one of those famous BBQ's.

Gregg

Latest posts

Top Bottom