Cheap handguns you liked.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Smith & Wesson model 15 in .38 Special recently at a pawn shop in OKC for $200 out the door. It had been someone's service revolver and showed blue wear and freckles, but the bore is perfect and the lockwork is crisp as new. I'm sure the officer that carried it never shot it more than he had to and may have been a small town policeman. It has the original S&W diamond grips with an old Tyler T-Grip. Perfect for camping & fishing - I have lots of .38 Special cases, cast bullets, and about 5 or 6 pounds of different pistol powders. I also like to carry it in my old pancake holster on the console of my Chevy truck with a towel folded over it.
:hyper:

Cedar Creek

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a Heritage Arms single action .22lr, w/ the 22 mag cylinder too, paid $125 for it I think. Man that was a fun gun, gave it to my son...:(

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Davis .32 nickle plated Derringer bought brand new at the old Southwest Shooters in OKC in about 1995 for around 43 bucks.

EAA Witness .40 caliber CZ75 clone, 25 years old and thousands and thousands of rounds, reliable, accurate, one of the best guns I have ever owned at any price.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was given an Echasa Fast .32 ACP pistol a few months ago, parkerized the slide but couldn't park the aluminum alloy frame. It was free, minus the $30 park kit and a $20 magazine.

$50 for a perfectly working pocket pistol is a good deal.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus 85UL snubby in .38 Special.

It wasn't as nice as the S&W 642-1 I have now. But it was a reliable and functional piece for around $300, which is borderline "cheap." A positive experience. That's the only Taurus I've owned.

Btw, Cedar Creek:

I bought a Smith & Wesson model 15 in .38 Special recently at a pawn shop in OKC for $200 out the door. It had been someone's service revolver and showed blue wear and freckles, but the bore is perfect and the lockwork is crisp as new. I'm sure the officer that carried it never shot it more than he had to and may have been a small town policeman. It has the original S&W diamond grips with an old Tyler T-Grip. Perfect for camping & fishing - I have lots of .38 Special cases, cast bullets, and about 5 or 6 pounds of different pistol powders. I also like to carry it in my old pancake holster on the console of my Chevy truck with a towel folded over it.

Sounds like a classic pawn shop find. :cool: Probably a fine soup can destroyer.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:hyper:

Cedar Creek

A true classic that will be something to pass on down later on in life!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom