Cheap handguns you liked.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a S&W Sigma 40. Paid 250 for it brand new, had a problem with the empty shells not extracting after I put about 50 rounds through but Smith & Wesson fixed it without any issues and its been great ever since.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned a few 'cheap' guns, and have had good luck so far.

I owned 2 RIA 1911s, a full size and an officers. Both never had a hiccup. A Taurus PT-92, never a problem, just huge for a 9mm.

A while back I spotted a Hi-Point C9 at my local gunshop for $80. I had heard these things actually worked pretty well, about the cheapest you can get and it still work. I bought it with the intent of shooting it till it broke. It didn't. No cleaning for 600 rounds of the cheapest 9mm I could find, including lead reloads. The rifling got so fouled it started keyholding at 10 yards towards the end. Hosed it out with CLP and ran a brush down the tube and it was back to like new. Pretty good for $80, still wouldn't trust it for carry or anything. Too big, and that safety leaves me with some reservations.

But the absolute best 'cheap' gun for me, is a Bulgarian Makarov. It was my first handgun and my first carry gun. Lost track of ammo count, but I've replaced the recoil spring twice, and had it refinished because I wore the original finish off. Still keeps on tick'n.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FEG pa63 in 7.65mm i would not hesitate to buy another one. i only paid $25 for mine with a box of ammo. thought what the hell shot and loved it alot. anybody finds, has, or needs to sell one lmk lol

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just remembered another.
Easily the best shooting original configuration unmodified 1911 style I've ever had.

A Llama. That dang thing would just flat out shoot anything out there.
Sure it was a fluke, but others have had one of these Llamas with similar results.

I gave $200 at an estate auction, a little more than I wanted to.
Sold it to a buddy who couldn't afford much.
Wish I hadn't.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of the AMT automag's when they were cheap.
I think I paid $180 for it. I really like it but sold it when I needed some money.
I wish I had another one.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Star BM and Rock Island Armory 1911 that I'm still quite happy with after a few hundred rounds through each. Also a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug that's been pretty good so far, but hasn't been shot all that much.

I had a couple of cheapies that I kind of regret getting rid of, but just a little. I liked my old Rossi 3" .38 Special with Hogues on it...slick little gun. But it had a trigger pull that only Hercules could love. Same with my Polish P-64. Loved the form factor and reliability, the weight finally killed it for me.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the Star BM 9mm. Bought two of 'em for $150 each back in 2004, had one refinished and gave the other to my brother.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_oldstar.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_newstar_5.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_newstar_3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom