Cheaper than dirt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered from them a few times. I received what I ordered. Nothing noteworthy about it either way.

Their actions after Sandy Hook placed them on my DEAD TO ME LIST. It's a short list, but they're on it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am ashamed to admit that I've done business with them. Recently.

I ordered not one, but two, high-end pistols from them. They were almost $200 cheaper than the next closest competitor and shipping was $30 for both pistols to SSP.

Part of the trick of buying from them is to watch the 'warehouse number' closely. The farther the warehouse is away from us the more the shipping will cost. We're lucky in that they're main operation is based out of Texas, so Warehouse #1 is that location. The higher the number, the farther from THAT location the warehouse is and thus the higher the shipping cost and longer the wait.

I ordered the pistols on a Friday, had them in my hand the following Wednesday. I don't know if that's the norm for them or not as this was my first order.

During the panic they were hocking pmags for $99 - when no one bought, thy lowered it by $10 a week until people started buying. I didn't agree with this practice and refused to buy from them until I found these pistols. Had these pistols not been an exceptionally good deal on a hard to find pair, I would not have ordered from them. I will say that the order process went smoothly and shipping was about what I expected. It took them two days to pick the order and two days to ship the order.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never, ever, ever buy from CTD again.

I ordered once and it turned into a bit of a PITA, ended up with my money being refunded, but really pissed me off.

But during the Great Gun Grab Scare of 2013, CTD was one of the retailers who turned completely against the industry, caved to political fearmongering and promoted the massive price gouging that went on for most of 2013. They lost a lot of customers over that fiasco.

So, for ME, I don't care what they have or sell it for... they can sell it to someone else. Lots of people here feel the same, some don't care, some support them. Personally, I don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom