Chevy truck symptoms just started today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
2004 Silverado 4.8 liter.\
I started it up today and it started first thing but I noticed a kind of a drag from the normal sound. The radio keeps resetting and going back to 12:00 every time I turn the truck off. Right side electric window won't roll down with the actuator. Not even a bump or groan. The left side is perfect. The right side usually is pretty slow so that might be a factor by over amping the battery.

Hmmm

Checked voltage on battery at rest, engine off. 12.4 volts. Checked an hour later, 12.0 volts. I have a charger that can tell the alternator output but it's too dang hot to do anymore diagnosing.

My guess is the 2017 battery. It has been a good one though. Due to my negligence, I have left equipment on in the truck over the weekend multiple times and have walked out only to find a DRT battery. I put my charger on and about 10 to 15 minutes later, I have a fully charged battery. If I want to start it I wait about 5 minutes, then kick in the starting amps feature. Vroom!

Latest posts

Top Bottom