Chiggers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bath with 1/2 cup of bleach, pool, hot tub. My grandson HATES baths, they are for babies, he takes showers. Got a chigger that went straight for the kibbles. He sat in the bath until he looked like a white raisin. Just say chigger and he scratches and runs to the bathtub.

the vodka helps, but ONLY when taken internally and in large enough quantities.

My Grandpa always sprinkled powdered sulphur on his socks and pants legs and the around his waist.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bottom line, suck it up buttercup ;)

Lived in central OK my whole life....and once you get into chiggers bad, there is no cure but time. Ah well, there's worse things for sure. Look at it this way.....got chiggers? Good, that means you were outside doing somethin fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prevention works, time cures.
it stinks, not environmentally friendly and ruins jeans, but paint/spray diesel fuel on the bottom 2 inches of your pant legs (outside your boots) and it will absolutely prevent chiggers on the legs. haven't figured out a cure for those smart SOBs that jump directly to waistband.
speaking of old wives tales, it isn't possible to consume enough B12 (sulfer) to prevent chiggers. I had sulfer leeching out of every pore on my body to the point my wife made me sleep on the couch I stunk so bad. I was still digging at chigger bites, sleeping alone and stinking in ways I haven't since puberty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom