Chinese gangsters rule the illicit marijuana trade in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This would not surprise me in the least. There are tracking systems in place that are all but impossible to circumvent. Allegedly. 🙄
I just got a call from a friend that is a contractor. Guy he knows bought 20 acres around here that was a grow operation ran by Asians. Probably 20 greenhouses on it. I'm trying to buy the frames at a very reduced price.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bet that large amount of the weed is going out of state.

I just got a call from a friend that is a contractor. Guy he knows bought 20 acres around here that was a grow operation ran by Asians. Probably 20 greenhouses on it. I'm trying to buy the frames at a very reduced price.

I have seen several grow ops that have the visqueen in tatters in the Pryor area.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... Okay ... A self-serving update from the agency that is tasked with handling this **** show. I'm glad you are impressed with our overlords. They are like every other state and federal agency. The only thing they "work" for in an ever-increasing budget to "solve" a problem they created with the laws that are passed to keep their subjects in line. I'm not impressed. The government needs to stop inserting itself into my life. Period. But hey!! Pot is bad. We need to regulate that ****. 🙄🙄 And THIS is what "regulation" has gotten us.

I'll just sit over here and watch the ongoing shitshow ...
wow, why the enormous show of compassion for my educated opinion?
Never mind, i'm done here.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is guess the dispensary is buying black market and charging full price.

I can only share what my b-I-l told me. He was fully licensed and completely compliant.

The ‘legal’ buyers at licensed dispensaries offered him for product around $100-$150 a pound. Then turn around and sell it in the $400-$500 a pound range. Not sure local outlets are going to take the risk for a few dollars. Now black market buyers are certainly a whole other story.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trick is to make it a reciprocal land law. Only citizens of nations which allow Americans to own land there, should be allowed to own land in the US. All exclusions apply. :)
I do know at least one couple from Ponca that owns a home and small vineyard in Sicily. Evidently, it's not illegal there?
But I get your point which is valid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be...It just looks like he's holding something black and upright from his hand. I use a diversion technique on some of my cameras. I'll hang a dummy camera ( save all the ones that no longer work) mounted in plain sight or even a marking ribbon hanging in the bush to divert attention from the actual location of the camera getting your picture and hopefully not stolen.
Great idea. I like it. There is a shelf of old first edition cell cams on a shelf in the man-cave. I think I know how they are going to be repurposed now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should look around Ponca City. There was a chinese grow that bought a 40 acre place North of town just outside of the city limits. Built about 30 some grow houses, before finding out they only had a well that couldn't support the amount of water they needed. They shadow owner petitioned the city to extend a waterline 800' to reach their property. The city declined not wanting to be involved in the pot business.
So they started pumping water from a 1acre pond on the property. That quickly dried up with the drought and being silted in so they abandoned the place and walked away.
last I heard it's about to come up for an abandoned property auction or something. Maybe a nonpayment of property taxes in a sheriff's sale.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should look around Ponca City. There was a chinese grow that bought a 40 acre place North of town just outside of the city limits. Built about 30 some grow houses, before finding out they only had a well that couldn't support the amount of water they needed. They shadow owner petitioned the city to extend a waterline 800' to reach their property. The city declined not wanting to be involved in the pot business.
So they started pumping water from a 1acre pond on the property. That quickly dried up with the drought and being silted in so they abandoned the place and walked away.
last I heard it's about to come up for an abandoned property auction or something. Maybe a nonpayment of property taxes in a sheriff's sale.
Ponca is probably 200 miles from me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom