Civil War-Is it possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you all think that the gun control issue is enough to cause civil unrest?

You hear of prepping for massive fault line shift and financial collapse, solar flares and all these other far fetched scenarios. Do any of you think that civil unrest over the gun control issue is a more likely scenario?

Do you think that most people who are prepping for whatever it is they are prepping for are prepped for a civil war based on honoring constitutional rights?

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Civil unrest is possible. And could get a little out of control. That is when the Government will send in the military and things could get real ugly or cleaned up quickly. Lets hope that it never turns to this. I will take my chances on a falt shift or some other natuaral disaster.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think its possible but not because of gun control, although it may play a role.

Think real for a minute, if civil war broke out, nation wide, you will either choose a side or become a refugee type. As a "prepper" our goal to is survive the chaos and try not to become a refugee.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking if a civil war broke out it wouldn't be much like the South v the North or East v West. There are gun loving Americans strewn all over the country. Where I think the beliefs are the strongest are the south and the midwest. I don't think we have enough military to try and police the entire country all at one time. They just don't have the resources. Plus I would hope that some Americans would refuse to fire on other Americans, but we've seen it before.

I think it would HAVE to take a sweeping approach where they would have to focus on certain areas and then once they were deemed "under control" move on. Though if they employed NATO forces thats a whole different scenario but I dont see American .gov doing this for bringing foreign boots onto our soil for "help" would show too much weakness for American leadership.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking if a civil war broke out it wouldn't be much like the South v the North or East v West. There are gun loving Americans strewn all over the country. Where I think the beliefs are the strongest are the south and the midwest. I don't think we have enough military to try and police the entire country all at one time. They just don't have the resources. Plus I would hope that some Americans would refuse to fire on other Americans, but we've seen it before.

I think it would HAVE to take a sweeping approach where they would have to focus on certain areas and then once they were deemed "under control" move on. Though if they employed NATO forces thats a whole different scenario but I dont see American .gov doing this for bringing foreign boots onto our soil for "help" would show too much weakness for American leadership.

Im pretty certain foreign troops would cross the line with a lot of people. Also if push come to shove, you gotta believe alot of our military will honor their oath over their orders from Washington.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One would hope, but hop over to the thread about how they took guns from Katrina victims. Watch the video and look at what those guys are packing, that is NO BS equipment. You could put them on a green screen and make the backdrop A-Stan and they'd fit right in minus the fact that they were wearing green instead of light tan BDU's. The guy at the end said he'd rather be overseas than on American soil doing what he was doing but he'd still shoot an American. I wonder how many others would do it with remorse, but do it.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without going into much details, I have my own personal lines that will not be crossed no matter who's at my door, and I like to think I'm not the only one who feels this way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole thread is so full of fail.
The gubberment isn't coming after your guns.
There won't be hoards of foreign troops, c-47's won't be dropping blue helmeted paratroopers, none of this **** would be going on if the shooting community wasn't in panic mode.
If you needed those $90 pmags, they should have already been your safe. If you "needed" 25 lowers, why in the hell didn't you already buy them?
I LOL when the suckers that fall into this trap try to sell them later when it all calmed down, and whine when nobody wants to pay their price.

Y'all chill out and the prices will come down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom