Classes at Red Dawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in Red Dawn if he actually had some hours where I could get there and buy something or attend some classes. He is always closed when I can go.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you dorks.

Seriously?

I agree with Mikey.

I used to be one of those manpurse totin' EDC idiots who carried 50 feet of duct tape, 20 feet of paracord, three lighters as well as lighting steels, tinder, first aid kits and enough batteries to make everybody happy on Christmas morning, until I realized.

:idea:

All this talk about surviving the apocalypse had me wondering...why? :ugh2:

I mean - why would you WANT to survive? To be the only one left on earth? To spend your remaining days scrounging around like a damned possum searching for food that will be more or less filled with bacteria and poison that will kill you slow and painfully instad of instantly like the apocalypse SHOULD have.

To each their own, but Jesus Christ! How much ******** are you guys really gonna carry around with you, paranoid outta yer skulls wondering if'n you got enough tinfoil or not. :rolleyes2

Now don't get me wrong! I was a boy scout in my youth and yes, I keep enough food and water in my house to wait out a tornado or other natural disaster that we have here quite often in good ol' Oklahoma, but to carry around a manpurse full of crap that people think will sustain them while everybody else gets eaten by the zombies is just plain nuts. :screwy:

I wager that more than half of the folks who go to these extremes have never spent one night out in the rural parts of the state in their entire lives and couldn't fathom the very idea of having to "rough it" out in the sticks like us country guys and gals grew up doing our entire lives.

How many of ya can even dress a deer or small game such as rabbit, turkey or squirrel? Who knows how to filet or scale a fish? Who here knows how to start a fire without that precious Zippo lighter or even a book of gofor matches? Could you honestly find your way out of the woods without a compass? Even if you had a compass, what good does it do you if you don't know where you are to begin with.

Now I don't mean to sound like a Mr. Know-it-all because Lord knows I ain't. I just see these deer hunters every November come to my neck of the woods and not know a damned thing about hunting. The same rules apply to the city born and bred survivalists/EDCers out there.

There's more to surviving in the great outdoors than a bag full of goodies and what you learned on the web.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well let me clarify....

I went to a couple self defense class and my wife wanted to do canning. None of which had to do with the end of the world or anything like that. You could say canning does but she had an interest in it.

All I carry is a knife, gun and wallet.

If someone wants to have a bug out bag for emergencies so be it! I don't but my wife has a first aid kit in the car I guess she is a tinfoil wearing survivalist?

I liked the classes I took at Red Dawn, that is my only horse in this race. I didn't understand the "dorks" comment? Seemed a little harsh for some people talking about their experiences at a store. It could have been sarcasm I don't know. I don't know the much beloved Mike.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the classes I took at Red Dawn, that is my only horse in this race. I didn't understand the "dorks" comment? Seemed a little harsh for some people talking about their experiences at a store. It could have been sarcasm I don't know. I don't know the much beloved Mike.

Yeah, pay no attention to me and Mikey's shenanigans. We're just a coupla horse's asses. :rolleyes2

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Tinbender, how dare you try to better yourself? I guess we are really mocking people now who want to have a bag with supplies ready to go in case they need to leave their house in a hurry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**snip** I mean - why would you WANT to survive? To be the only one left on earth? **snip**

Why, yes ... that sounds just about PERFECT to me! :D

Well let me clarify....

I went to a couple self defense class and my wife wanted to do canning. None of which had to do with the end of the world or anything like that. You could say canning does but she had an interest in it.

All I carry is a knife, gun and wallet.

If someone wants to have a bug out bag for emergencies so be it! I don't but my wife has a first aid kit in the car I guess she is a tinfoil wearing survivalist?

Mike is a good fella. So is GED.

BTW, I took the canning class last year because GC likes to can but I was scared to death of it and didn't exactly trust him. (Imagine that, huh?? :D) I found it to be interesting and informative. Oh and I still don't like canning. Dehydrating is my "thang" so if she has any questions about that tell her to give me a holler -- badgebunnyatlivedotcom

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Tinbender, how dare you try to better yourself? I guess we are really mocking people now who want to have a bag with supplies ready to go in case they need to leave their house in a hurry.

I'm just gonna say this. I'm one of those folks who has a bag in her car. Anybody wanna make fun of me, have at it. My bag is like my gun. It is where I am, not because I think it is gonna save me in the coming Zombie Apocalypse but because I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and be sorry I didn't bother. However, as OSA has proven time and time again -- mileage varies greatly! LOL

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of 'them' too.

In fact, I'm far more likely to need the minimal contents of the bag in my trunk than I am likely to need the pistol I often carry whenever I'm 'allowed'.

People taking classes and learning things/skills are not the equivalent of internet survivalists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom