Classes at Red Dawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shouldn't post things after work I need a couple of hours to cool down. It is hard to tell intent from the web. Sorry!! It isn't y'alls fault.

I am sure my wife will want a bag soon. Actually she does but my money is low.

I will tell her BB. You all would probably get along well. She is usually the only woman at the training events we go to. It knda gets her down sometimes.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't consider myself a manpurse totin EDC idiot, I do keep a pack in my truck that has a small first aid kit and tool kit in it.

I took that class because I wanted to get a basic idea of what to put in a kit that I can keep at the house or in a storm shelter. I am wanting to build a 72 hr emergency kit. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be somewhat prepared for what I call an "Oklahoma Emergency"...tornado, freak snow storm....etc. If I'm a dork for wanting to be a lil prepared then so be it.

Oh, and I and my other half will probably attend one of the canning classes.....gonna get our Dork on!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shouldn't post things after work I need a couple of hours to cool down. It is hard to tell intent from the web. Sorry!! It isn't y'alls fault.

I am sure my wife will want a bag soon. Actually she does but my money is low.

I will tell her BB. You all would probably get along well. She is usually the only woman at the training events we go to. It knda gets her down sometimes.

Oh, tell her not to be bummed. I used to be the same way but you get over it after the first few classes. GC helped me feel better when he pointed out that if I can handle myself in front of a bunch of guys who kinda intimidate me (I KNOW, whudda thunk it?!?!? :uhh:) then I'd be that much better off if I had to function under the stress of an actual "event" because I'm already familiar with that uncomfortable feeling. Now I really kinda look forward to seeing how well I can do "under stress".

While I don't consider myself a manpurse totin EDC idiot, I do keep a pack in my truck that has a small first aid kit and tool kit in it.

I took that class because I wanted to get a basic idea of what to put in a kit that I can keep at the house or in a storm shelter. I am wanting to build a 72 hr emergency kit. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be somewhat prepared for what I call an "Oklahoma Emergency"...tornado, freak snow storm....etc. If I'm a dork for wanting to be a lil prepared then so be it.

Oh, and I and my other half will probably attend one of the canning classes.....gonna get our Dork on!!

ROFLMAO!! :rollingla GC's gonna think this is some new "move" ... :w000t::P:hey3: :uhh::grumble::nono1::rollingla

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so nobody even gonna give me a hint what to put in the bob?

Varies greatly on intent. Do you mean an actual BOB that you intend to be able to leave with, like go away from your home forever, or at least a very long time?

Or do you mean a simpler "Get Home Bag" that is intended to get you through a couple of days if you are cut off from normal modes of transportation and find yourself navigating home?

Either way, start with basics intended to keep you at 98.6: food, water, warmth, self defense, first aid and hygiene. The possibilities and variations are endless.

Last edited:

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the blizzard a few years back? There were several people that I work with that did not make it home that night and finally got home later the next day. Some of them live 20 minutes from work and others live over an hour from work. Most of them did not have any kind of "get home bag" in their cars little alone any first aid or blankets. I bet most of those people now have some sort of "bag" in their car and I don't find them dorky at all. I'm sure an emergency blanket, emergency candle to help heat the car some, some water and maybe a little snack to get them through the night would have been nice. So it doesn't really fall into nerdy or dorks or even crazy. If you are worried about a certain event, you should seek education about that said event and prepare yourself appropriately. For those who feel nothing will ever happen to them, our state has proven that no one is safe from either storms, tornadoes, flooding, blizzards and now earthquakes. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom