Classifieds are slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always open to suggestions, there are only a few things I'm die hard about. Also some suggestions are much easier to implement than others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The only other comment I have, and some others seem to agree, is that when an ad is "relisted" it removes all previous comments. So if any info was contained in those comments, it's gone.

Being able to continue to edit the ad, and close it by the OP, is a huge bonus; but I don't understand removing comments when relisting, especially if that is being promoted as a "bump" feature.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Relisting should be just like putting it up the first time. Most people used to relist to get rid of all the replies.

I think I like the new bump system, no bumping wars or buddy bumps

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
could you just manually bump it with a comment until is sells then "mark item as gone" never using the "relist now" button?

You can; see below.

Relisting should be just like putting it up the first time. Most people used to relist to get rid of all the replies.

I think I like the new bump system, no bumping wars or buddy bumps

The problem arises if a combination of the systems are used. The default sort is by "Start Date" so a relisted ad moves to the top. Thus, if someone "bumps" their ad by posting a reply, their ad doesn't move. This would require the user to sort by "Start Date" to find all the latest listings/relistings, then change the sort to "Last Message" to find all the "bumped" ads.

My issue is we need to make sure users understand that relisting is NOT the same as bumping.

IE, I list the 1911 in my avatar for sale, with the avatar pic as the only image. Someone responds, and says "Hey, is that an ambi safety?". If I respond with another reply and say "Oh, sorry. It's not." Then relist the ad, the info in those replies is lost.

I think it should either retain the replies, or prompt when "relisting" something like "Do you want to update/edit your ad before relisting?"

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing really bothered me about the sub forums, but I just think it's nice that many members had a problem.... Steve listened...... and changed things in a relatively quick manner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom