CLP killed my grass!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laundry mat - use the greaser machines, or a lot of them will do them for you, you just pay by the pound (much easier to do, lol). Just tell them that they are greasers. Do NOT use the one in your house, your wife will never forgive you, nor will your clothes. Also, you could pick up a cheapie washing machine on craigslist if you have somewhere to keep it between loads. That is going to be my ideal situation. I used to have 2, but one broke before I got to use it as a greaser...thankfully, lol, so it got moved to the primary house machine.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the same hospital pad for over a year. When the time comes, I'm just going to throw mine away, and start with a new one. I have at least another year or two before I'll have to do that though.

Laundry mat for the shop towels though.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newspaper is cheap or free.
I use a lot of bounty paper towels for engines and transmissions and guns.
Now dirty red rags or other rags will clean them self's in a year or so.

Place said rag in the hole a masonry block with the holes facing up placed outside in the open. The rain etc will clean it right up and the block will soak up the nasties.

Or just get a wash bucket and some soap .

Believe it or not washing nasty rags in coke syrup has been performed by big outfits with great success.

You could clean or dispose of the juice in the bore around the fence line......

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some awesome ideas here, thanks a ton, guys!

Now I gotta figure out how to get those oil stains outta the concrete on the patio. <sigh> From the guns and the smoker, both, lol. Prolly gonna scrub it down good and then paint it next spring. Or even this fall.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a can of Ajax, mix it with a bit of water to make a thick paste. Put it on there at let it sit of 5 minutes or so. Take a stiff bristle broom and a little water, and scrub the hell out of it, then power wash it. The Ajax should help lift it out of the pours, and the pressure washer should take care of all of it.

If you were closer I'd loan you my pressure washer if you don't have one...

Latest posts

Top Bottom