CMP 1911 Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also have to do a 4473 before it even ships. They are extremely worried about failed 4473s, some crap about if a pistol is mailed to ffl, and has to get mailed back, it doubles its chances of being lost or stolen. So you do one 4473 before it ships, and one at your local ffl when it comes in

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I knew part of the paperwork that the CMP required (without the actual form itself) was 4473 information. I’ve never seen any other gun delivered to the door of a non FFL licensee before. People are wound up and upset because they now have to pick up their CMP purchased gun at an FFL and fill out actual 4473 and pay transfer fees.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also have to do a 4473 before it even ships. They are extremely worried about failed 4473s, some crap about if a pistol is mailed to ffl, and has to get mailed back, it doubles its chances of being lost or stolen. So you do one 4473 before it ships, and one at your local ffl when it comes in

WTF? That's retarded.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew part of the paperwork that the CMP required (without the actual form itself) was 4473 information. I’ve never seen any other gun delivered to the door of a non FFL licensee before. People are wound up and upset because they now have to pick up their CMP purchased gun at an FFL and fill out actual 4473 and pay transfer fees.
People tend to get upset overpaying for a service that should only cost $10 lol. Ya gotta shop around

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One can only buy one 1911 per year so buying more than one is moot most likely. (Maybe the wife can buy one?)They're going to have 10,000 I believe initially and go down the list. It shouldn't be too difficult to lay hands on one. As time goes on they'll have different grades at varying costs. So far they haven't given any hint of prices.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Nope. Nope. What the hell are they thinking? $850 for a rusted rack grade that isn't in issuable condition? :faint:

CMP 1911 PRICING:
CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.

The shipping cost is included in the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom