CMP Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get a Service grade H&R Garand, so I downloaded the CMP forms and filled them out. My only question is about the "Participation in a Marksmanship or other Firearm Related Activity" requirement. I have my hunter safety card, but don't know whether it will work since there was no live fire. Since I haven't competed in any competitions, what should I do? I am also a member of the OKCGC, but there was no live fire training there either. Any officers, RO's, etc in Edmond that I could have sign off on it? I was hoping to get this mailed off tomorrow. Thanks!

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No CCL. I have never wanted to carry. As a last resort, I can see if someone at Heartland will sign it. I've been planning to go up there and shoot a little anyways.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't happen to have any friends in law enforcement do you? If so they can sign you off. I didn't have any connections when I started shooting but luckily, one day at the range, I ran into 3 LE gentlemen. One of them had heard of the CMP and his buddy, that also happened to be a LE instructor, agreed to sign me off.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you served in the military? If so, DD214 will do if I am not mistake. Talk to Cleo or Tim at Heartland about qualifications. Both retired LEO's and Tim conducts the SDA classes at Heartland.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DD214 will cover all requirements except proof of age. All I did was send in a copy of my DD214 an copy of my DL. 3 months later I had a M1 Carbine. I may go back and get another M1 Garand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom