Coldsteel Ti-Lite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Figured id address the Coldsteel thread and the Tac Knife Recommendation thread is one shot.
Cold Steel has some excellent field knives San Mai, Trailmaster etc..
I find them a bit big. Just my preference for 5-6" blades.
There is one ColdSteel i would like to discuss. The Ti Lite.
What a tough knife! The lock is EXCELLENT!! i have yet to find a reasonable test that it failed. I have even batoned it to make kindling. AUS8A steel stays sharp a good long while. I have never seen a folder deploy faster than the Ti Lite.
I keep my pocket knife shaving sharp. So i work on it way more than anyone i know because i use it every day. So after a year the geometry has changed enough that it will still shave you, i just dont like a "fat" edge. Takes more time to keep it at the level i require. So every year i give my knife away and get a new one.
In 2011 i gave one to Sergy. He is a Ukranian immigrant. He had just earned his Navy Aviator wings and was being sent to a S.E.R.E school. When he asked me for a blade recommendation i quickly said ESEE5.
So he shows up with the ColdSteel Ti Lite i gave him. After the course he told me that the Cadre were enamored with his Ti Lite! I was in shock! Today that Ti Lite is in his right pocket any where in the world that the Navy sends him.
This showed me that the best knife is the one you have when you need it. Especially when you use it properly as a knife and not an axe!
Imagine, all of this out of a $37 knife....
that he was gifted second hand!

Latest posts

Top Bottom