Coming soon, the S&W Smooth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their revolver fan boys said the same when they branched out into poly guns, AR15s and 1911s, but they all seem to be pretty decent pieces.
I am a S&W fanboy.

But

They copied Glock and got sued when they started down the poly pistol highway.

Any dumbass with a check book can buy AR parts and assemble them and laser engrave their logo on the reciever.

The 1911 had technically been around for 100 plus years before they decided to copy those. Using the word copy loosely. They swapped redesigned the extractor which pissed off all of the purist which are the people that purchase that style of pistol.

Don’t get me wrong I am a smith fan boy and own one of pretty much everything discussed above. But they have not been an innovator in several decades. They are pretty content with just copying some other gimmick that is selling well in the market slapping their logo on it and passing making the shareholders some money.

I hope I am proved wrong in a couple of days. The ads make me think they have come up with some kind of weed gummie that produces the same endorphins you get from shooting guns a smelling burnt gunpowder.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their revolver fan boys said the same when they branched out into poly guns, AR15s and 1911s, but they all seem to be pretty decent pieces.
Darned reliable too. I used a M&P 5" pro in .40 for about 10 years and many, many thousands of rounds in USPSA competitions without a single gun or magazine failure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom