Comments on Gun Control From the Unknowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one cares about the kid that was stabbed yesterday on his way to school in the Bronx. The 2 kids stabbed last week in Waukegan. The 2 kids stabbed 2 weeks ago in Bloomington and so on. Crazy that kids do mean things to each other.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kid used what commiefornika Leo is calling a ghost gun. Home built with no S/N.
They are going after those now.

Sadly you can go into a plumbing store and build a serviceable single shot fairly easily. With a little bit of machining skills and time you can make anything. How else did some of these come about.

http://www.cancrime.com/2016/04/17/zip-guns-are-dreaded-deadly-weapons-inside-prison/

http://www.marcsteinmetz.com/pages/fluchtstuecke/efluchtstuecke01.html

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my guess as to why people are apathetic about knives but not guns. The argument you hear is usually, "Well... I can just run away from someone with a knife, but not a gun."

Which of course you can... unless you can't. Didn't work so well for the 2 kids in Waukegan or Bloomington.

I think the bottom line is that EVERYONE needs a knife once in a while. But many people feel that they don't need or want a gun, therefore you shouldn't want or need one either.

If that's not at least part of the answer, then I dunno... but yeah, people sure don't seem to apply the same logic uniformly.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly there are so many ignorant or ill-informed people. I think the larger issue is we don't teach critical thinking anymore. People just consume what is in front of them without thought. They do that because its easy and even on the surface may make sense to them.

I worked with a woman that at election time someone asked her who she was voting for and she said "oh I don't care about politics. I will just vote for whoever my dad says I should. " This was a 40ish year old woman. Who was passing the buck on being informed yet her vote counts 1 just like you and me. That type of thought is devastating to our freedoms.
It goes beyond that. Women in the 60s (Which saw record numbers of new women voters) a large percentage of women voted for Kennedy over Nixon because, JFK was more handsome. It didnt help Nixon any, refusing to wear makeup during televised debates. He looked VERY haggard and gruff.
Also, record numbers of young voters, voted for Clinton, because he was on MTV playing the sax.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what the answer is; how to educate them...? But some of that isn't ignorance, it seems like delusion, or something.

Delusion. Yeah; that’s a good word here; a good description. Maybe they’ve been bombarded with so many anti-gun messages by “our friends” in the media that they actually believe that passing this or that law on gun control will make any difference to criminals. But it also seems that when you do try to have an intelligent conversation with a lot of people about the whole idea of gun control and why it won’t stop the mindless violence, they just tune out. They slam their mind shut! Their minds are often already made up; we need stricter gun control laws to stop mass shootings. Like they have in Chicago and California, and Massachusetts.

Then, to make things worse, when something hits the air like the 2A auditors’ comic-drama, the picture of the average dumbass redneck firearms owner that they have in their head is only reinforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the attitude displayed by the hosts is ignorance of the true facts about guns and violence,,,
Ignorance can be cured with education if they would open their minds and accept it.

The problem lies in something that isn't easy to discuss,,,
Most of the anti-gun folk are plain cowards.

They wouldn't defend themselves if they had the means,,,
And they are frightened by anyone who would.

Here's one of my favorite essays,,,
It makes my point very well.

It's 26 years old but a great read none-the-less.
A Nation of Cowards

I work with a lot of liberal thinking folk,,,
Most of them are highly educated but not very bright.

They all have the same thoughts in that they shouldn't have to defend their selves or their family,,,
They say:
  • Isn't that why we have laws?
  • Isn't that why we pay for a police force?
  • Isn't the government supposed to keep me safe?

But if you look them in the eye and ask this one simple question,,,
If you are not willing to defend yourself or your family,,,,
why should I or anyone else for that matter?

They look at you as if you were growing horns.

I understand it,,,
nobody likes to be called a coward.

It's like calling them snowflakes,,,
It just angers them and makes them dig their heels in more

But in fact that's what they are,,,
Cowards who will legislate our rights away,,,
Because they are as afraid of us as they are of real criminals.

Freedom is made and held by people who aren't cowards,,,
In our society the cowards have outnumbered the brave for a long while.

I could go on and on about this but I won't,,,
It should be readily apparent.

Aarond

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One argument I have heard is that I want guns because I don't trust people enough. Therefore, guns should be outlawed and I should be more trusting that doing so will reduce violence.

My response is that they are putting their trust in criminals by assuming that they will obey laws against possessing guns. Think about that for a second. They don't want to trust average people who have no desire to break the law, they would rather put their trust in criminals. Weird.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberals,,,
Ya gotta love them.

160201-DefineLiberal.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An image of an ostrich with its head buried in the sand comes to mind. If he doesn’t see it, it can’t hurt him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom