Computer question??? I need a geek!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suspect that your labtop has a bad hard drive
^^ This. Although, it's a bit odd that it doesn't make the noise when you shake it. That's typically when it makes more noise.

It could very well be causing the BSOD (look up that stop code 0x0000 etc. ), instead of a virus/malware/spyware (although, if you're not checking/scanning against those regularly, now would be a good time to).

I don't think this has been addressed: if that stop code isn't a HDD issue, I've seen BSODs for video drivers, so check the code and then check Toshiba's support site for newer drivers. There might even be a BIOS update or a hard drive controller update.

Back up your HDD while you still can. All of you. Right now. Do it.

Qualifications: computer engineering degree, worked IT for several years, watched "Chuck" on NBC and they have a Geek Squad parody.

X

xXVIPERXx

You will have to check your labtop to see if it is a 32-bit or 64-bit before you buy your software. The software for Windows 7 Home Premium runs around $79.00 to $99.00 a disc. Windows 7 Professional runs right at $ 129.00 to $149.00 a disc. Windows 7 Ultimate runs around $ 189.00 to $219.00 . If you need to find it go to ..... pricewatch.com .... They sale everything for computers. Some other places to price compare are, tigerdirect.com, newegg.com, mwave.com ...... And yes if you replace the hard drive you will have to put the software = operating system back on it. But if the labtop is several years old to 5 or 7 years old I would just buy a new one. Reason??... Do not invest in old technology ... You can get a new labtop around $399.oo on up.... It will have all new Windows 7 on it with all new faster processor. The processor will be faster and you may have more ram memeory also. I just built a new gaming computer and the processor is a AMD FX-4100 Quad core. It's speed is 3.6 to 3.8 GHZ.. Now that is fast without overclocking the processor... Good Luck .... Hope I haver helped you out somewhat....

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is from properties under computer....yall will probably laugh but
Toshiba
Model: satellite a-135
processor: genuine intel(r) cpu [email protected]
memory(ram): 1gb
system 32-bit
I do have to say my computer is hotter than crap, although i can hear the fan running and if i put my hand under it i can feel air coming out of it on the left side but the rest of the computer stays pretty hot. I want to say my girlfriend got this computer when she was a freshman in highschool so maybe it is just time to get a new one...seems like it would be easier. thanks everyone for your help.

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, it crashed again and i wrote down the codes....
Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error
tech information:xxx stop:0x0000007A (OxC022B0E0,OxC000000E, OxOOF7A880, Ox8AC3824C)
Thats all i got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom