Concealed carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it a conviction that was expunged? Or a deffered sentence that was dimissed/expunged? I believe there is a difference as a deffered sentence that is expunged is technically listed at case dimissed and then expunged.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to talk to Robert Wyatt or Doug Friesen. Much as I love OSA, it is not the place to get legal advice of this nature. I am trying to remember if the clients who had drug-related deferred sentences had problems getting an expungement later but I'm drawing a blank. (Forgive me, it was a long time ago. I do remember that there was some discussion about whether drug-related charges were considered "violent" felonies under Oklahoma law and again, I just don't recall what the final consensus was ...)

I can tell you these things:

1. A deferred sentence that has been served as the result of a nolo contendre plea is not considered a conviction under Oklahoma law.

2. A record that has been "expunged' is still out there -- and OSBI CAN find it. If in doubt, list it and explain.

3. Even if you call OSBI you cannot be sure the person on the other end of the phone actually knows what they are talking about -- not because they are not knowledgeable but because if there is one thing that is constant in the law, it is that the law is never as clear cut as it seems ...

4. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom