Confederate flag won't be up for breakfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good. The flag didn't fly over the state house until 1962.

Failing to lower it to half-mast was very stupid, as well.

Now, if Mississippi would only get rid of it on our flag.

For the life of me, I can't see the logic of it remaining at full mast while this was going on. Just SC being intransigent. SC was the 1st to secede and led the way to National catastrophe.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't see the logic of it remaining at full mast while this was going on. Just SC being intransigent. SC was the 1st to secede and led the way to National catastrophe.

The story i saw said the flag is actually physically fixed to the pole (i.e. Can't be raised or lowered). In order to remove it, a vote must be taken and it requires something like 2/3 majority in both houses.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see why they are pulling her down. Always, though, before it became an avatar of bigotry in contemporary times, it was the symbol of defiance and rebellion. The next icons from that era to come down will be the Rebel statues in front of court houses. Those are icons representing an ill equipped, starving, conscript army forced to fight for rich landowners, who got out of being drafted by virtue of owning 20 or more slaves.

Where does this lead? I can surmise that a section of the Nation's history may not be rewritten, but could be swept under the rug or totally erased. When I remarked a couple of years ago at work that my kids didn't know who won the Civil War, one of my co-workers - 20 years old, thought General Lee was a car.

A far better symbol of defiance and rebellion:

www.wnd.com_images_misc_tread2two.jpg

Attachments

• Dont-Tread-300.gif
    Dont-Tread-300.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 133

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess i will have to get mine out more often.
I have one on the front of every vehicle i own, 1 car in particular shows several.
It saddens me that more & more are ignorant or afraid of what the ol' "Stars & Bars" actually mean.

If you are offended by the Confederate Flag,
Then I say "I am offended that you are offended."

Latest posts

Top Bottom