Conflicted.... Card #21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your group has managed to survive a catastrophic event, and in fact you are thriving. The Group has many individuals with essential talents that have helped the group be successful. However, one day your only gunsmith/blacksmith lets slip that he was once convicted of child molestation. He has never given the group any hint of his past until now, and has in fact been a core and valued member of the group. Do you forget his past and hope that his tendencies don't emerge again, or do you expel him from the group and lose his skill set?

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, are there any children in the group? If not, I wouldn't be concerned.
If we're a thriving group that includes children, then I take it that there is a subset of "elders" or leaders. I would take a vote with them to determine what to do. My inclination is as long as the group is aware, they can take precautions to make sure something doesn't happen. Of course, if something happened, he'd be shot on site.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No kids, no problem. End of story.

Post apocalyptic world is different that polite society. some risks must be taken and his skill set is very valuable and core to survival. Some other information would need to be know. How old is this person? how long ago did it happen? Even child molesters can turn their lives around. Strictly based on this cards information it sounds like he has. He would be watched closely but be allowed to stay.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, are there any children in the group? If not, I wouldn't be concerned.
If we're a thriving group that includes children, then I take it that there is a subset of "elders" or leaders. I would take a vote with them to determine what to do. My inclination is as long as the group is aware, they can take precautions to make sure something doesn't happen. Of course, if something happened, he'd be shot on site.

I am inclined to agree. Of course my children wouldn't be allowed to be around him without another present ever again. There also would probably be some castration prior to the shooting.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Convicted doesn't necessarily mean guilty and even if he was, what were the circumstances? That being said, watch him like a hawk and make it known that if there are ANY suspicions he'll be summarily castrated with a dull butter knife then what little gasoline we have will be used the cauterize the incision before the torturous execution begins.

As said previously...He would already have been assigned a couple apprentices if he were the only individual with those skills.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so most of you agree that he continues on with his job.... but if he messes up then you get him... he had already messed up before the crash but its ok now that he has skills you need?
what if he didn't have skills and you found out that he was a convicted child molester?

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so most of you agree that he continues on with his job.... but if he messes up then you get him... he had already messed up before the crash but its ok now that he has skills you need?
what if he didn't have skills and you found out that he was a convicted child molester?

As Okie362 said "Convicted doesn't necessarily mean guilty". A good friend of mine in high school is on the registry for mooning a bus full of kids in the school parking lot. I know several people who were accused & dragged through the mud based on the word of a vengeful ex.
If he didn't have skills, it wouldn't be that good of a group & he would be an apprentice of something. Just my opinion, but everyone has done crap they aren't proud of. It isn't my place to judge... I leave that to The Almighty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom