Conflicted.... Card #29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and your group have been surviving well after the collapse but other people weren't so lucky. From time to time someone finds your group and begs for food. Today however, a man is asking for a test to prove himself worthy to be part of your group.
What would you tell him?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmm im naturally skeptical of peoples motives. I'd like to think my group would have some sort of organization allowing for new people but they would have to possess skills we needed in the group. The skeptic in me automatically assumes and questions, why doesn't he have a group, was he expelled from one, did they all die but him? Is he a mole seeking successful groups to plunder? Depending on the climate (politically speaking not d/r/i just in general) I may tell him to piss off and keep walking or I may welcome him into the fold. You just never know. As far as tests go, I guess he'd have to show us what he's got to make it worth our while. There really is no way to test loyalty at a new intro.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would depend, I suppose. If he actually has a skill the group needs, I might consider letting him in, but odds are the nicest thing I'd do for him is offer him a can of beans, a P-38 can opener if he needs one, and tell him to get lost, and that's if we have the beans and can opener to spare.

But if I were going to do a loyalty test, I'd give him a shovel and tell him to start digging. If he can dig his own foxhole, that's a start. If, during that process, it turns up that he says or does something I don't like and he won't walk away, he can keep digging. When the hole is 6 feet deep and long and wide enough for him to lay down in, he can stop digging...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzz off. If I didn't know you before hand, I don't want to know you after ... Who knows who he has on his heels?? Or what he has planned before he "found" you? Or how long he's known about you??

That said ... if I need an extra pair of hands and he wants to be an indentured servant, he can pitch a tent right where he is hollering at me from and come dawn we'll see ... that would be on a day to day basis. God help him if "friends" or "family" suddenly showed up to join him ... and he didn't offer that information before hand ... Without me having to ask ...

But he would never be trustworthy. Not like I trust GC ... or a few other folks I know ... painfully few, I might add ...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzz off. If I didn't know you before hand, I don't want to know you after ... Who knows who he has on his heels?? Or what he has planned before he "found" you? Or how long he's known about you??

That said ... if I need an extra pair of hands and he wants to be an indentured servant, he can pitch a tent right where he is hollering at me from and come dawn we'll see ... that would be on a day to day basis. God help him if "friends" or "family" suddenly showed up to join him ... and he didn't offer that information before hand ... Without me having to ask ...

But he would never be trustworthy. Not like I trust GC ... or a few other folks I know ... painfully few, I might add ...

This ..... and group will be Condition Red Alert for several days. Things going good and he just shows up? Who else hasn't been seen?
There is a possibility he has been alone and has good skills, BUT!!!! A long ways from being 'part of the family'.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The test would be simple. Give him the task of moving a burnt out car 1/2 mile uphill. Wait......you say it is an impossible task, no one could do that alone. The object of the test would be to see if the candidate can function within a group that needs to rely upon each other. Pass the test then move onto the 30 day quarantine and then security related issues. Fail the test or any part there after and well......dogs need to eat too......

Latest posts

Top Bottom