Conflicted.... Card #4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and then what? gather things up and bug out to be hunted? ( he said being the devil's advocate :explode:)

I figure if your relative has confronted you in this manner, you're already marked for death...might as well take the traitor with you. Plus, it's an Internet forum and not real, so I can play tough if I want to.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldnt have all your eggs in one basket, so give up whats on hand then bug out. And hope the day never comes that said family member has their back turned

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure based on the information given.

If this relative actually knows exactly what I have, then he must have been an extremely well trusted relative.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE (not even ME) knows EXACTLY what I have.
Only 2 people have any idea that could come close.
And even THEY don’t know EVERYTHING.

If he was so well trusted, then I’m thinking that the fact that he is informing me PRIOR to coming to my house basically means “I have to show something for my efforts because they are on to you and know something. If I don't come back with something, it is both of our asses.”

If that is the case, I would give up something to placate his bosses and keep my communication lines open with him.
If he warned me once, he might be able to warn me when something is going down that I need to truly bugout over.

If he shows up by himself, then I am pretty sure he was saying ‘I have to show something.”

If he shows up with one or two other guys, I’m thinking along the same thoughts unless they really push the issue.
If that is the case, then my relative and I are no longer going to be related.
It might be time to feed the hogs.

If the entire SWAT team shows up and things are really that bad, I’d like to think that I’ve already gotten my family safely away and I’ll probably make my stand and try to get to one of my fallback positions. I'm relatively sure things would get messy.

Dave

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1st mistake is that said relative knows what you have. My wife doesn't even know of every single thing. Just sayin...

My interpretation of the scenario is based on my own family's (narrowly extended, not immediate) knowledge that we raise a garden, can, preserve, dehydrate, have our own livestock, hunt, fish .......... Therefore, they KNOW we have supplies. SIL always jokes? telling her grown kids that when the SHTF bug out to Uncle TR's cause they have food. BIL is not handy or prepared, more interested in playing pasture pool than working the pasture and having fresh T-bone.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My interpretation of the scenario is based on my own family's (narrowly extended, not immediate) knowledge that we raise a garden, can, preserve, dehydrate, have our own livestock, hunt, fish .......... Therefore, they KNOW we have supplies. SIL always jokes? telling her grown kids that when the SHTF bug out to Uncle TR's cause they have food. BIL is not handy or prepared, more interested in playing pasture pool than working the pasture and having fresh T-bone.

i tell folks like that they better bring something to the table, or they'll be on it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've said this before and I'll say it again, anyone who thinks their family or neighbors don't know what they do or do not have (not specifics, just in general) is either terribly naive or terribly stupid ... Case in point -- we have a neighbor who has never, up until a year or so ago, ever been interested in being prepared ... I see telltale signs that he has changed his way of thinking in passing comments and when the garage door is open ... and when I am talking to his wife over the back fence.

I'm not complaining, mind you. It's just I am hardly ever out in my front yard for more than 5 minutes at a time -- taking out trash, picking up mail. I leave the house maybe once every couple of weeks, if that. I spend a little more time in the back but definitely not more than an hour or so daily. If I've noticed what's going on what makes anyone think that the rest of the neighborhood hasn't noticed also. Or his extended family.

Guys ... You are NOT invisible ... Mark my word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom