Conflicted.... Card #50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The economic collapse has happened. The infrastructure is gone and people are getting hungry. Your neighbors are starving, and starting to scavenge, looking for food to feed their families. You are prepared and have what your family needs. How would you keep your stores safe while you consume them and avoid becoming a target?

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
drop to a 1500 calories per day diet. only 1 person goes out to scavenge at a time and there is a detailed plan on where that person is going along with time frames. You must look hungry also but it makes no sense to not be collecting additional resources if you still have neighbors.

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
drop to a 1500 calories per day diet. only 1 person goes out to scavenge at a time and there is a detailed plan on where that person is going along with time frames. You must look hungry also but it makes no sense to not be collecting additional resources if you still have neighbors.

When you go out, make certain that you wear raggedy clothes and that your face, arms, exposed parts of your body are covered in soot and dirt wiped down with a little water to look smudged and your hair is uncombined and raggedy....

You need to look like you are hurting and hungry....

Add a dirty bandage to the head, arms, hands....

Look the part and act the part....

be troublesome and abrupt to people so they leave you alone.... tell inquisitive people to f' off if they get to close....

When you prepare food make certain that you mask the odors with burning plastic, rubber, etc....

and,,,, never go anywhere unarmed....

Texican....

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Offer to help your neighbors scavenge if they agree to evenly split everything you find while scavenging with them. Exercise good trash discipline with any garbage from your stores. It would be OK to let them see the trash from what you've scavenged with them. If you make this deal with multiple neighbors, make sure they know about it so you can explain away some some of the unfamiliar trash as something you scavenged while out with a different neighbor.

If that is somehow insufficient to explain where your "extra" food is coming from, tell them you bought a case of <insert long term storage food item that they found evidence of> after the last big snowstorm because you got snowed in last time and couldn't get out and you wanted to make sure you had a little food on hand. Then tell them that you used most of it up while camping over the past couple of years and you only had enough left to cover one meal for your family and that's what they found. And then start practicing better trash discipline.

If that doesn't satisfy the neighbors, hope you have enough people to keep a 24 hour watch on your place, or at least your supplies, and be prepared to defend what's yours.

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for all you guys with neighbors

Our nearest neighbor, elderly couple, is over a 1/4 mile away and we are both at a dead end road....

Will help the neighbor as best we can with out doing harm to us....

The goat herd will be thinned as time passes, as will the rabbits, ducks and chickens..... Less feed required that way....

Texican....

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for all you guys with neighbors

The 2 neighbors I have are both asswads regardless of the times we have tried to be cordial to them, including the day they moved in. If they are jerks when times are good, why would help or expect help when SHTF? Funny thing is, 1 of them, his grandma and my mom were best friends in HS. His uncle and I grew up together. His mom was younger, so I really never paid much attention to her. My mistake, she growed up really good. They are all great people and he is the biggest jackass I have ever met. Talked with his uncle one day after they had moved in. Uncle asked me if I had met 'the ass' yet? Go figure. Karma can be a *****, he will get his.

Latest posts

Top Bottom