Conflicted... Deck #2 Card #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Foreign countries shun the dollar. Economic chaos, then hyper-inflation, similar to Germany in the twenties.
Zombies in town can't get Cheetos and Mt Dew anymore, things go downhill fast.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What event or series of events will lead to "the end of the world as we know it" in your opinion?

Most likely it would be a collapse of our monetary system. When the Government can't give money and food to support the enormous welfare state, there will be riots and looting on a massive scale. It isn't IF it will happen, it's WHEN it will happen.

The United States bases it financial structure on Debt. In 1971 it changed from our currency being backed by actual Gold we had in our possession...to nothing...in order to gain more debt without the safeguard of using the Gold Standard as a control to our monetary structure.

Now the Central Banks and Federal Reserve run the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme that cannot be sustained.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likely it would be a collapse of our monetary system. When the Government can't give money and food to support the enormous welfare state, there will be riots and looting on a massive scale. It isn't IF it will happen, it's WHEN it will happen.

The United States bases it financial structure on Debt. In 1971 it changed from our currency being backed by actual Gold we had in our possession...to nothing...in order to gain more debt without the safeguard of using the Gold Standard as a control to our monetary structure.

Now the Central Banks and Federal Reserve run the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme that cannot be sustained.

This sums it up pretty well in my opinion.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Foreign countries shun the dollar. Economic chaos, then hyper-inflation, similar to Germany in the twenties.
Zombies in town can't get Cheetos and Mt Dew anymore, things go downhill fast.

Hey, what about the zombies outside of town that can't get Cheetos and Mountain Dew? We'll get rowdy, too! :P

But I agree with your assessment. The most likely cause of SHTF is going to be economic turmoil. What exactly triggers it is still up in the air. I doubt it will be a Carrington Event, although I wouldn't rule it out. Could be the next big war, could be OPEC refusing to take the US dollar, China deciding to dump their debt (I doubt it, they're as tangled in that mess as we are), or just the leviathan being slowly crushed under its own weight.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think Russia is going to defeat the US or NATO in a conventional war especially if destroying military capability is the objective vs taking and holding land. They know this too and Russia has spelled out in no uncertain terms their intent to use nuclear weapons if they face a conventional defeat. We've got no ability to prevent their nuclear arsenal from striking US targets which is what I was really meant by that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom