Considering a 6.5x55 Swede Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Selling my 1911 to get another bolt gun, and I've been thinking about a 6.5 Swede build on a Remington 700 long action. Probably use a B&C stock and a CDI bottom metal with AI mags.

I want a 6.5, but 260 brass only comes from Remington and is junk by most accounts. I could do a short action in 6.5x47 and get Lapua brass, but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Lapua makes 6.5x55 brass that is really good and I know the round is very popular in Europe. Only real downside is the requirement of a long action. I know it will work in a short action, but this would require a special reamer to make the throat really short or a rifle that would be limited to single shot only.

I'm all ears for your thoughts and opinions. Links would be helpful too. My google fu is strong, but there is always something to miss.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard of a single person yet that isn't gaga over the 6.5x55. The round can be loaded in several different configurations so it is fairly versatile. I've never been a hunter but I'm sure I will take a crack at it at some point and I'm planning for my sported M38 Husqvarna to be the rifle for the job. I also have an original military M38 Husky and it is fantastic.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great round. Wish that I hadn't sold the shoot that I had several years ago, and I don't want to break out the one that is still in cosmoline. I guess I will just have to find another one and start a build......dang it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom