Consolidating my AR uppers, Which should I keep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to sell one of my uppers to fund something else.

Do I keep the 20" Wilson Bull Barrel upper or the 16" carbine upper? Primary purpose of AR is coyote hunting with occasional paper punching. I will say before I got the bull barrel upper, I never had any thoughts about my AR being heavy while carrying it through the field. Now, that is a different story.

I easily shoot 1" groups with the bull barrel, but have not tried with quality loads with the carbine upper. I guess really what I am getting at is, under the normal hunting situation (not bench shooting), will I notice a difference in a 200 yard shot on a coyote between the two barrels? Considering both have quality loads and shoot 1" groups at 100 yds.

Hopefully that makes since? :confused:

Which would you keep?

Or sell the entire setup and get a bolt gun?! :naughty:

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure which one I would get rid of, I liked the bull barrel more than mine that I already traded off. Although you can build a lower CHEAP right now, sub 200 using new parts.

Edit: You were jealous that my junky little Rem 700 didn't fling brass everywhere huh?

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than selling an upper, why not build another lower? AR's ar like Lay's potato chips, can't have just one!

I gotta keep my black rifles in moderation. lol

I am not sure which one I would get rid of, I liked the bull barrel more than mine that I already traded off. Although you can build a lower CHEAP right now, sub 200 using new parts.

Edit: You were jealous that my junky little Rem 700 didn't fling brass everywhere huh?

Its not the brass flinging, I just neglect one or the other and realize I don't really need them both. I love the feel of shooting with the bull barrel, its just so heavy that i don't walk very far from the truck!

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not the brass flinging, I just neglect one or the other and realize I don't really need them both. I love the feel of shooting with the bull barrel, its just so heavy that i don't walk very far from the truck!

I noticed, but now is not a good time to sell black rifles since the market is flooded with guns people bought during the hysteria.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed, but now is not a good time to sell black rifles since the market is flooded with guns people bought during the hysteria.

This is for DAMN sure true right now (and very good advise).

But, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do - if you're other project is going to be a bolt-gun, then keep the carbine and ditch the heavy-barrel.

Here's a thought - why not sell the heavy-barreled upper, and the carbine-barrel and get a carbine or light-weight super-accurate barrel and have the best of both worlds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom