Cool tools you have used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story....

Years ago I worked at a salvage yard. The person hired to test down the incoming vehicles was a lesbian woman in her late twenties. Very butch. She made no secret of her preference.
Anyway, one day the owner of the yard was doing something, asked that girl to hand him some dykes.
She looked at him and said "Those are called 'sidecutters' ."
From that time forward, we called her Sidecutter.
When I was at tech school in early 90s the old engine teacher said we couldn't call them dykes. So we called them "women in comfortable shoes."

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Strap wrench.
iu

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having used regular forceps for holding parts for soldering and other things I was struck with an epiphany. While working at a hospital I chanced upon a surgery tool repairman. He gave me two working Arthroscopic forceps. They were unserviceable because they couldn't be sterilized after loosing their finish.

I used these for years to assist me in grabbing the wires I ran down into the walls to install card readers, electronic locks, motion detectors etc. You just made two small holes in the wall next to each other. One was for the penlight and the other for the tool. You know it was one hell of a good idea when they kept getting borrowed.

79210-13251985.jpg

My longer set was stolen.

After that I was in Harbor Freight and bought this for $50. A small snake camera with TV screen for use inside the walls.
51MGRqcZ4xL._AC_SY355_.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another favorite of mine is Bondhus hex ball drivers and torx drivers. Still have my original set that is the old red clear plastic handles.
Here is the newer style and made in the USA.

Bondhus makes pretty good tools. Ive recently found them in my search for a 3/8 drive - long 1/2” Allen

being in the electrical and communications world we use quite a few neat tools. The one that still amazes me is the fiber fusion splicer. They are used to basically weld fiber optic cables together in a way that they can still properly pass light thru the splice. This is quite a feat considering the core of a single mode fiber is 9 microns in diameter (human hair is around 75 micron)

Latest posts

Top Bottom