Copan and Hulah WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklahomabuilder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been scouting out the Copan and Hulah WMA areas over the last few days. I've seen plenty of tracks but no rubs yet. I did see one deer run past by path on my way out one evening just before dusk. Does anyone have any experience with these areas or any good areas to check out around the Tulsa and surrounding area. Any info much appreciated.

OSUCowboy98

New to the site!
Reaction score
I grew up in Bartlesville and bowhunted below the dam alittle bit. Someone always seemed to kill a good buck from down there. I am not sure about the areas on Copan open to guns.

My previous lease, which I lost thanks to the government horse program, and current lease both butted up against the Hulah public land. There are some very nice bucks on that public land. I have shot more then one that crossed the fence off public land. I also saw more hogs then deer during muzzleloader, some of which were on public land.

I also have seen some serious wall hangers come off of the fence lines of Rock Creek and Western Wall public lands. These areas also have alot of hogs. Western Wall hired a professional to come shoot hogs, but it is closed to muzzleloader and rifle. Rock Creek gets a fair amount of pressure.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to lease some land that was on the Strohm Ranch, and was very close to the WMA saw quite a few big bucks up there. I also used to shoot trap with a guy that was from Elgin Ks. seems to me there was some of the Hulah WMA, he killed quite a few nice bucks from the gov. land but the man knew it like the back of his hand. It might be worth checking into.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've hunted western wall on a controlled hunt and while not sucessful to 50+ mph winds, I saw lots of sign. I drive thru the Hula/Copan WMA's and it looks really good for habitat with lots of food plots. There some serious wall hanger bucks that come off of there every year. Got to get away from the road though early and let the late comers drive the deer to you.

More deer are killed in Osage county every year than any other county.

Derrin33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lve in Bartlesville and there are some of the biggest deer come off those public lands. I hunt family owned land and haven't been out there in a number of years. Every year some guy gets some huge buck out of there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom