Corn Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its on a down turn.
Two weeks ago it was $5.80 per bushel.
Yesterday it was $5.17

This nice rain and weather is putting on a good corn crop.

I'll probably buy a couple of tons next week or the week after.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it should be criminal to force 37% of USA corn be converted to ethanol .. excellent for corn farmers, when prices tripled after law went into effect. equally stupid are the ethanol credits scheme...

3x higher corn prices could mean the difference between survival or not for the poorest folks in the world. higher corn feed prices trickles down to beef or what ever. overall higher food prices are being seen all over. absolute craziness to divert 37% of USA corn crop in a time of drought. thank goodness drought is finally breaking for some of us.

don't know of anyone except corn farmers/ethanol producers that like the new laws. high ethanol blended fuel give less fuel mileage while doing nothing for environment. total energy costs to produce could be greater than realized.

sucks being forced into buying ethanol blended fuels ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on both sides of this. One as a consumer of corn, and as a farmer that supports other farmers that grow anything they can to make a living gets my nod.

If you have never farmed and seen what a low profit business it is, you might have a different opinion.

For the record, I don't like ethenol either.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the bag, lumber 2 is the cheapest I've found at $9.50 for 50lbs. Academy/Walmart/tractor supply are $9 for 40lbs and I've called a couple feed stores in okc and they're around $12 for 50lbs.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when buying in bulk (2 tons or so), do the local coops or feed stores deliver? Kicking around the idea of getting a bin and storing it instead of buying by the bag.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when buying in bulk (2 tons or so), do the local coops or feed stores deliver? Kicking around the idea of getting a bin and storing it instead of buying by the bag.

Yes and no. Some will deliver for a fee on a minimum amount. Just depends on which one you call. Just ask about delivery and prices. Might try
http://www.stillwatermill.com/index.cfm?show=10&mid=63
Or banner coop if you're in okc area
Also
http://www.lnc-online.com/contactus.html the last one primarily sells blended feed but you can call and check the mill and lnc deliver to us but were buying 12-20 tons of feed at a time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom