Cover of the Rolling Stone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of trashing a motel room................ Good Samaritan Faces Hefty Bill In Hotel Damages After Helping Man During Winter Weather

PURCELL, Okla. -
A McClain County woman said she was completely shocked to learn the room she paid for someone to keep warm during winter weather was destroyed.
Jennifer Martinez said she helped several individuals with room and board ahead of this week's snowstorms.
“I can't even stand out here for very long without being cold,” Martinez said. “I couldn't imagine having to sleep out here overnight.”
Martinez said it wasn't just her who extended a helping hand. It was a group effort.

People in the community and hotel staff pitched in for extra nights and food but that all stopped Wednesday for one man staying at Ruby's Inn and Restaurant.
“He broke the window to the room, he dented the door, he tore the tables up, he broke the arms off of the chairs, he broke the mirror,” Martinez said.
Hotel Bill in Purcell Feb. 18, 2021

Since Martinez's name is on the bill, she is responsible for about 3800 dollars in damages.
“I make bare income,” Martinez said. “I mean $3,800. I wouldn't even cover that with two of my full paychecks.”
The owner of the business said this is the second room destroyed this year. Most of the items destroyed must be special ordered and can take up to a month to be fixed.
Hotel staff said this is just piling on to their list of challenges they have experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Martinez said she understands and no one is at fault. She said the man she helped has a mental illness. The experience has her re-thinking how she'll help others going forward.
“In the future, I will still help,” Martinez said. “I would just provide a meal and a tent or a blanket or maybe try to get them help to get to a shelter instead of putting my name on the financials.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of trashing a motel room................ Good Samaritan Faces Hefty Bill In Hotel Damages After Helping Man During Winter Weather

PURCELL, Okla. -
A McClain County woman said she was completely shocked to learn the room she paid for someone to keep warm during winter weather was destroyed.
Jennifer Martinez said she helped several individuals with room and board ahead of this week's snowstorms.
“I can't even stand out here for very long without being cold,” Martinez said. “I couldn't imagine having to sleep out here overnight.”
Martinez said it wasn't just her who extended a helping hand. It was a group effort.

People in the community and hotel staff pitched in for extra nights and food but that all stopped Wednesday for one man staying at Ruby's Inn and Restaurant.
“He broke the window to the room, he dented the door, he tore the tables up, he broke the arms off of the chairs, he broke the mirror,” Martinez said.

Since Martinez's name is on the bill, she is responsible for about 3800 dollars in damages.
“I make bare income,” Martinez said. “I mean $3,800. I wouldn't even cover that with two of my full paychecks.”
The owner of the business said this is the second room destroyed this year. Most of the items destroyed must be special ordered and can take up to a month to be fixed.
Hotel staff said this is just piling on to their list of challenges they have experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Martinez said she understands and no one is at fault. She said the man she helped has a mental illness. The experience has her re-thinking how she'll help others going forward.
“In the future, I will still help,” Martinez said. “I would just provide a meal and a tent or a blanket or maybe try to get them help to get to a shelter instead of putting my name on the financials.
We used to have places that people were assigned to that acted like this.
Back in the day they were called mental asylum's, but the liberals determined that they were not humane and put these people out on the street to live in squalor and endure the cold in tents.
We can see how all of this turned out with people living under bridges and being called homeless when they are not actually capable of taking care of themselves.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

PURCELL, Okla. -

Well, ya gotta love her attitude!

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to have places that people were assigned to that acted like this.
Back in the day they were called mental asylum's, but the liberals determined that they were not humane and put these people out on the street to live in squalor and endure the cold in tents.
We can see how all of this turned out with people living under bridges and being called homeless when they are not actually capable of taking care of themselves.
Amen and the rest can go get a JOB!

Latest posts

Top Bottom