Crank shaft lock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told my kids Never buy a V6 car unless it is a Buick rear wheel drive with a 3.8.
I then told them if you buy a front wheel drive vehicle you work on it yourself and A V6 front wheel drive I will never help you and you deserve what you get.

Worst idea ever.

I wish you the best of luck Preacherman.
I had my fill of new stuff years ago.
I have owned 1 V6 car and it was rear wheel drive 1978 Skylark with a carburetor.
That one was not too bad. Lots of inline 6 rear drive vehicles.

I will say it looks like you were blessed with a lot of room in that area.
Can't say the same for many I have seen.

All the room was created from taking things off and dropping the engine some. I'm w/u and this is probably the last one for me. But hey, when your 81yr old dad asks you to work on his car then you really don't have a choice.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad did not make it to 60 his last truck was a Chevy Luv but my wifes grandfather made it to 94 and just passed a few years ago.
His vehicle still runs. Bed almost rusted off it though. Ford 4X4 with a 390 and a 2 barrel.
Hardly left the farm in Missouri with it.
He would drive around the pasture and gather up the cattle for milking.

My mother drives V6 front drive and I do not work on her vehicles.. But I do not like her.
Your father is lucky Preacherman.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad did not make it to 60 his last truck was a Chevy Luv but my wifes grandfather made it to 94 and just passed a few years ago.
His vehicle still runs. Bed almost rusted off it though. Ford 4X4 with a 390 and a 2 barrel.
Hardly left the farm in Missouri with it.
He would drive around the pasture and gather up the cattle for milking.

My mother drives V6 front drive and I do not work on her vehicles.. But I do not like her.
Your father is lucky Preacherman.

Sorry to hear about your dad and grandpa. Death of a loved one sucks even if they are saved. We just lost my mom this past July and so I am now a little overprotective of my dad. I am actually the one who is blessed to still have him and be able to help.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all good. Sorry to hear about your mother.
I was always fixing things for relatives from crooked doors and floors to busted cars and water lines.
Never had to say I am bored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom