Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You really are a piece of work. A natural born troll... Wait. I know! You act just like a liberal - can't see any evidence without a confession! I just have to block idiots...

There ya go. You have no response so you resort to name-calling. You don't really want answers. You want validation of your irrational fears. Good luck with your move.

Jason Johnson

New to the site!
Reaction score
What is the best/safest way to transport a significant amount of firearms across several state lines when relocating/moving to a new home? I'm contemplating moving back to Ohio from Oklahoma, but I'm concerned about being pulled over by various states' police force(s) who may be inclined to confiscate my firearms/ammo (and/or knives/cutting/chopping instruments) for their own personal benefit.

I was thinking about using one of those shipping container services where I pack it and I lock it (and only I have a key) while they transport it to my new home and park it in the driveway for me. Has anyone ever used this kind of service?

I suppose I watch too many YouTube videos where the police (usually highway patrol) make up bogus reasons to pull people over and coerce them into agreeing to vehicle searches or call in drug sniffing dogs and force the dogs to false alert on the vehicle so they can search and when they find nothing in the end they drive off leaving all the guy's belongings strewn all over the roadside and their car seats slit open in multiple spots where they probed for 'hidden drugs.' Of course the police mostly target vehicles with out-of-state tags.
I used a container moving service when I moved to Oklahoma from Commifornia. Had no problems.

queenjohnson1791

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ecently left californiastan. I came from the redest part of the state, and despite that, and despite the fact that I am a law abiding citizen I had zero trust for the police, they where just as likely as criminals to do you injustice. It is so difficult to describe the lawlessness and insanly delusional views that is California. When I moved I used Pods, it was easy I packed most of my pew pews and sharp things inside, and only the Hubby and I had the key, upon arrival all was just the way I left it. I researched many options, and I liked that one the best due to no one moving my things truck to truck or truck to storage etc. And transporting them myself in that state was not a fesible option, oh and my car wasn't big enough, lol. I agree with the others why would you want to leave this beautiful State?

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ecently left californiastan. I came from the redest part of the state, and despite that, and despite the fact that I am a law abiding citizen I had zero trust for the police, they where just as likely as criminals to do you injustice. It is so difficult to describe the lawlessness and insanly delusional views that is California. When I moved I used Pods, it was easy I packed most of my pew pews and sharp things inside, and only the Hubby and I had the key, upon arrival all was just the way I left it. I researched many options, and I liked that one the best due to no one moving my things truck to truck or truck to storage etc. And transporting them myself in that state was not a fesible option, oh and my car wasn't big enough, lol. I agree with the others why would you want to leave this beautiful State?
Thanks for the input. Did you have any issues with PODS?

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When is the last time you saw a U-Haul, pickup towing a trailer or pickup loaded Beverly Hillbilly's style getting pulled over? Ain't nobody got time for that. Avoid places that are dangerous, high crime rates or unconstitutional. It's really not a big deal...
Yes, you're right it's been quite a while, however I don't travel interstate that much. I do remember reading about those two police officers that got killed off the highway in West Memphis Arkansas a few years back and they had spent their morning surveilling a U-Haul truck parked at a motel thinking it was a likely drug hauler before they saw a little old grandma with her grand daughter get into it and take off - they'd still be alive if they'd pulled over granny, instead they went trolling the freeway for someone else to hassle and pulled over the van with a couple of radicals from Ohio and ended up getting murdered trying to meet their quota for drug busts. But such is fate - we never know how some seemingly inconsequential decision may dramatically impact our existence.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, you're right it's been quite a while, however I don't travel interstate that much. I do remember reading about those two police officers that got killed off the highway in West Memphis Arkansas a few years back and they had spent their morning surveilling a U-Haul truck parked at a motel thinking it was a likely drug hauler before they saw a little old grandma with her grand daughter get into it and take off - they'd still be alive if they'd pulled over granny, instead they went trolling the freeway for someone else to hassle and pulled over the van with a couple of radicals from Ohio and ended up getting murdered trying to meet their quota for drug busts. But such is fate - we never know how some seemingly inconsequential decision may dramatically impact our existence.
"trolling the freeway for someone else to hassle"? really? you should get help. have a good trip

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just take them with you and cover them up with your bags and clothes and don't worry about it. Your going to give yourself an ulcer by fretting about this too much.

Take it all with you, don't tell anyone, don't act all weird, and everything will be okay

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just take them with you and cover them up with your bags and clothes and don't worry about it. Your going to give yourself an ulcer by fretting about this too much.

Take it all with you, don't tell anyone, don't act all weird, and everything will be okay

Too late...

Latest posts

Top Bottom