Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea how a police evidence room (or vault in the case of the departments I worked for) access works. I was a cop for 15 years and never once was allowed access. I had to steal guns and money from people driving down the interstate...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Did this happen before you got out of state or after crossing state lines? Were the guns locked in cases?
Guns were in cases.
Happened in Texas, in 1983.

Wif had vehicle stolen in Dallas, 1994.
S&W Chief Special stolen.

Vehicle stripped, shell recovered, insurance totalled.

S&W used in 7-11 robbery, 2 months later. Hood rat caught. DPD puts S&W into evidence.

Trial 6 months later. Contact DA about return of my S&W. It "disappeared" from evidence. Never seen again.

Cops LOCK THEIR LOCKERS that are IN THE POLICE STATION, in no public access areas.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea how a police evidence room (or vault in the case of the departments I worked for) access works. I was a cop for 15 years and never once was allowed access. I had to steal guns and money from people driving down the interstate...
I guess I don't. Just how do things come up missing from evidence then?

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you that worried about the transmission of your guns. Send them to a FFL have them ship and transfer all back over to you when you get to your new home of record. Or just sale them all and buy new when you get home. If you want to go down a rabbit hole. Even if you had someone transport them for you. It’s your container your trailer your vehicle. They are still going to come after you.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guns were in cases.

S&W used in 7-11 robbery, 2 months later. Hood rat caught. DPD puts S&W into evidence.

Trial 6 months later. Contact DA about return of my S&W. It "disappeared" from evidence. Never seen again.

Cops LOCK THEIR LOCKERS that are IN THE POLICE STATION, in no public access areas.
I'm told it's not possible for things to come up missing or disappeared from evidence... LOL

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guns were in cases.

"Cops LOCK THEIR LOCKERS that are IN THE POLICE STATION, in no public access areas." Well, that's certainly strange...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you that worried about the transmission of your guns. Send them to a FFL have them ship and transfer all back over to you when you get to your new home of record. Or just sale them all and buy new when you get home. If you want to go down a rabbit hole. Even if you had someone transport them for you. It’s your container your trailer your vehicle. They are still going to come after you.
I was actually wondering about shipping them FFL to FFL. Would a background check for each and every one be required? At both ends of the transaction? How could I receive the guns if I only just arrived in the new state?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I don't. Just how do things come up missing from evidence then?

Most are too small. Or become too small over time. Things are misplaced, misfiled, etc. Most have cameras EVERYWHERE. Access (in my experience) was strictly limited to the civilian employees who worked in them and command staff, occasionally to supervisory staff for one reason or another.

I personally don't know of any officer that would've jeopardized his $50k to $100k yearly income to steal a gun worth a few hundred dollars or even more. Not only that, I knew very, very few cops across many agencies who were gun people. Most of them knew basic safety and how to use and maintain their duty gun. Beyond that, most were clueless.

I'm told it's not possible for things to come up missing or disappeared from evidence... LOL

Who told you that? Certainly no one here. You seem to have a habit of misstating things and changing your story, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom